Saks and sales tax

1. Over at PurseBlog, we started a new series called Closet Confessionals in which we examine how readers and TPFers afford their bag addictions. Read about it in this intro article and submit your own confessional here. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. I am in CA. If I buy an LV from Saks NY, do they charge sales tax?

I got an LV a month or so ago sent from them, and they did not charge me any sales tax. I am wondering if I just got lucky. :shrugs:

2. Yes, because you have a Saks in your state. However, I have a Saks in my state and the VA Saks said they wouldn't charge me sales tax. I think it all depends on who you're dealing with. Ask them before you buy it, but don't tell them there is a saks in your state.

3. Do you remember which one in VA? :smile:

4. Tyson Corner, but their handbag selection is slim IMO. I much prefer the Saks in MD (Chevy Chase).

5. I just ordered and had no sales tax and free shipping on a Gold IF bag on sale.I don't believe there is a Saks in WV, although there is one an hour away in Pittsburgh.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice