Saint Louis as a Beach bag ?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. 40% off dresses, jumpsuits and sandals at Nordstrom. Sale ends Thursday at 9am EST. Click or tap to shop the sale!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hello everyone,

I'm hardworking the whole month of August so plan to go on well deserved vacation in September. I'm wondering if any of you use the St Louis tote as a beach bag ? Basically using it all day long to throw essential stuff inside.

I'm willing to get one in GM, thinking of Navy Blue or White as I think these are the two best colors for a summer beach tote. What do you think ?

2. Yes aloha
    Navy please

3. You can! In fact, one of the reasons why the St Louis is reversible is so that vacationers can turn it inside out and put their wet bathing suits inside.

4. Navy gets my vote. I think it's perfect for use as a travel/ beach tote

5. I remember a kardashian episode and they were all carrying St. Louis totes to the beach.

6. Thank you for your replies guys

7. I love the idea of a St. Louis tote for the beach but keep in mind if you choose to use a white one be prepared for the handles to yellow from contact with sunscreen on your arms on hands.

I'm not one to baby bags at all but that's why I don't use my white one when I have sunscreen on my shoulders, it just ruins everything white.

8. I use my red St Louis GM at the lake all the time :smile:

9. I can't pick, because those are two great colors... So Go for both! ;):lol:

10. I use the white fm as a beach bag and love it

11. i also use my white for beach and pool. love it!

12. Go for it! I always take an inexpensive bag to the beach and then hate myself when I see someone chic and confident enough to carry their Goyard so casually! I would recommend putting sunscreen or any other items that could leak into a ziplock bag before placing them into your beautiful tote. Let us know what you decide!

13. If this sways your decision, I just learned that the Méditerranée tote from Saint Tropez in canvas with orange or sky blue, and the Bel Harra from Biarritz in canvas with navy, are currently available in the US. Quantities are limited.

14. You know which Goyard boutique or dept store has the totes in the U.S.?

15. Chicago Neiman Marcus: Bel Harra in Navy, Méditerranée in sky blue
    Miami: Méditerranée in orange