Saint Laurent YSL Niki Bag

anyone know how often they release new colors? I’m wanting a Niki medium, but not sure I love any of the current colors.
I prefer matte vs shiny. The crocodile embossed seems the most matte. Just not sure I want black. I just purchased the medium college in black on black so not sure I want another all black bag.
I do prefer the black hardware but it seems like they typically only offer it on black bags.

I can’t seem to find the Niki large anywhere. Did they discontinue?

I have the College medium so not sure if the Niki medium will be too similar in size. I’ve got two kiddos with another on the way, so want something with more room and more casual than my College medium which I find I still baby too much and don’t use as my everyday bag.

I have the College medium so not sure if the Niki medium will be too similar in size. I’ve got two kiddos with another on the way, so want something with more room and more casual than my College medium which I find I still baby too much and don’t use as my everyday bag.

I briefly had a medium college and the medium Niki holds a lot more. It’s a very spacious bag… :smile:

Reactions: marcci
Received my Medium Niki (Crinkle Vintage in Dark Green) this week. It is much shinier/glossier than i expected (having only seen it on the website, not IRL). Was unsure at first, but wore it out for the first time today and received a compliment on it saying it was "beautiful" so that made me feel better, I guess?? I think I will need to keep that front pouch stuffed when not in use. Will update with regard to fraying, or it looking worn out after use!

Attachments

• IMG_7408.jpg
    IMG_7408.jpg
    185.1 KB · Views: 209
Received my Medium Niki (Crinkle Vintage in Dark Green) this week. It is much shinier/glossier than i expected (having only seen it on the website, not IRL). Was unsure at first, but wore it out for the first time today and received a compliment on it saying it was "beautiful" so that made me feel better, I guess?? I think I will need to keep that front pouch stuffed when not in use. Will update with regard to fraying, or it looking worn out after use!

Congrats!!! It is gorgeous… :love:

Reactions: stephanieblake

I have med College & large Niki.
Niki is alot less structured and more pliable than College. Even the med Niki fits more than the college. I chose the large Niki because it's not all that much bigger than the med and I like having extra room if I need it.

This beauty has just arrived! A Medium Niki in Light Caramel with the most delicious, smooshiest leather. In love with this color and bag! :heart:

View attachment 5304309 View attachment 5304310
Wow so beautiful! This is the first colour I saw when I searched the Niki bag a few weeks ago. Originally wanted a loulou but fell in love when I saw this. I ended up buying a medium Niki black with silver hardware but wondering if I should switch for this before the exchange period is over. I love my black bag but this is sooo pretty with the gold. Do you use as an everyday, all year bag? & how has wear/tear been so far?!

Would love any opinions because I'm so bad at making decisions lol! I was saving for a Loulou but ended up getting a medium black Niki with silver hw since I felt it was more casual & carefree for my toddler mom lifestyle. I absolutely love it, but wondering if I should exchange for the caramel Niki with gold hardware.
Does that color work in all seasons, as an everyday bag? I love the look, and since I wear gold jewelry it might be better than the one I have now. My wardrobe lately is basically black leggings with oversized hoodies/tshirts. This is my first designer purchase, and will be my only purse for a while. Just really need help deciding!

Reactions: keishapie1973
Hello Ladies,
I’m intersted in Baby size Niki and wondering if IPhone 13 Pro MAX would fit to the magnetic back pocket (or to the medium size Niki). And all Niki’s have the leather enclosed logo or is there an option to pick metal logo.
Thank you very much for your answers

Would love any opinions because I'm so bad at making decisions lol! I was saving for a Loulou but ended up getting a medium black Niki with silver hw since I felt it was more casual & carefree for my toddler mom lifestyle. I absolutely love it, but wondering if I should exchange for the caramel Niki with gold hardware.
Does that color work in all seasons, as an everyday bag? I love the look, and since I wear gold jewelry it might be better than the one I have now. My wardrobe lately is basically black leggings with oversized hoodies/tshirts. This is my first designer purchase, and will be my only purse for a while. Just really need help deciding!

It really sounds like you want the tan colored Niki. You might regret not following your heart. I consider this color as a year-round color. And, it will pop against your black leggings… :smile:

Both color/hardware combos absolutely work in all seasons. Which is your 1st choice? Which makes your heart skip a beat? I understand the idea but don't think your jewelry color matters much.
Now that I'm thinking about it, I'd love black crinkle with gold hardware! :smile:
Let us know what you decide.