Saint Laurent YSL Niki Bag

I am also very happy with my Niki bag. I had been eyeing it for a while but I am a bit skeptical on the quality of Saint Laurent bags... In the end it was an impulse buy because of the color: I was looking for a green bag. It has turned out to be an extremely practical and useful bag. And the distressed leather makes me feel I can bang it around with abandon.

Very bad pics in artificial light but oh well

View attachment 4576008View attachment 4576009

Love this color. I ended up getting this color as well.

Reactions: Havanese 28
I got it in black :smile: It actually fits my medium size Celine wallet in it plus a small makeup case , keys , tissues , hand sanitizer . I have a five minute commute to work so I don’t need to carry a lot for work at all just my lunch which I use a seperate lunch bag for. Does ur bag have an inside zipper on the main compartment because mine doesn’t and on the YSL website it says the baby size has an inside zipper. I wonder if farfetch sent me an older model?

Sorry for the delayed response! Mine does not have an inside zipper either, and I think mine was a new color when I bought it in the summer.

Yes, I have it in Brown Metallic and carried it a lot over the summer. I rotated to other bags recently, but not for any particular reason other than variety. It worked well for me as a day or casual evening bag. I love that it has the outside pocket for my phone, saving the interior space for other things. I'm usually a large bag or tote person, so I was surprised that I could use something smaller for most of my needs. I'm a SAHM, so it might be different if I needed to pack more for a full day at the office. I think I was carrying a flat card case with it, so that makes a difference, too. It's easier to close when it's full, though. What color is yours?
Can you post a pic of your metallic brown Niki please? I'm wondering how shiny and metallic it really looks! Thanks very much!

Can you post a pic of your metallic brown Niki please? I'm wondering how shiny and metallic it really looks! Thanks very much!

I love the color of this bag! I wore it with soft gold sandals all summer, but it would easily go with other metallics.

Attachments

• IMG_2544.jpg
    IMG_2544.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 838
  • IMG_2554.jpg
    IMG_2554.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 845
  • IMG_2549.jpg
    IMG_2549.jpg
    295.2 KB · Views: 863
I actually switched it for the all black! The green color is indeed beautiful, I think it was more the age silver hardware that I had trouble working into my wardrobe. I want this to be a hard working bad weather sort of bag that I can thrown on anything so the black chain is easier!

My friend actually did the same!! Same rational. I have never been one to match my bag with my clothes, and just grab whatever bag I'm feeling like at the time. I love both, but had to have the green!

Now that I have the medium black crinkly leather Niki and the croc embossed large Niki, I am in LOVE with the croc embossed bag. I love both of course, but for day-to-day-fits everything and goes with everything, the croc is absolutely perfect. I would normally not think a croc embossed bag was more versatile but it is. I do have to baby it more, however, as the leather is softer, but that is the only downside. The black crinkly leather is much edgier and pulls together an otherwise boring outfit -- it looks great with jeans and a tee-shirt, etc. but also since it's smaller, it looks nice on a night out, and I don't have to worry about the leather. So ... both are great. I just know I'll use the croc bag a lot more. These are my very favorite bags of all of my handbags! Here's a pic of the croc (not of mine obviously -- I should take one) in case anyone is curious about it. It's so pretty...

This helps so much! Would you happen to have a picture or would mind posting a picture of you wearing both side by side? Pretty please!

I just wanted to thank all the ladies on this thread. I have been contemplating on which to get (Chanel Jumbo Flap and YSL Niki Medium or Large) and these posts gave me the push I needed. Current Jumbo is rings in at 6.7K + tax and I don’t know if I’m willing to spend that much but really am so tempted... Then I stumbled into the Niki and I could not stop thinking about her!!!

Reactions: chloebagfreak
Hi all❤️❤️ I’m so drawn lately with YSL niki but still confused with the colour that i want to get for my first niki (and my last niki hopefully lol). Do YSL niki have colour that is similar with rose des sables balenciaga? Because that’s my fave colour..beige with a hint of pink..thank you so much