Saint Laurent YSL Niki Bag

Wow! That is really awful, and surprising that leather could do that. I have Balenciagas from ten years ago that don’t have anything like that. Looks like they just coated a whitish bag:sad:
I would call them and ask what can be done.
I’m exchanging my black Niki for another since I noticed a slight rubbing on the inside of the front flap. It looks like something slightly scraped it, and it’s brand new, never worn.
I hope they can offer help:heart:
When it started to peel a little bit, I did ask the SA. He just shrug it off and said it's normal wear and tear. What to do...?

When it started to peel a little bit, I did ask the SA. He just shrug it off and said it's normal wear and tear. What to do...?
Well, I would talk to another SA or the store manager. I don't think it should peel like that unless something that was rough rubbed it. Just clothing rubbing shouldn't cause leather to peel like that if it's made well.

Well, I would talk to another SA or the store manager. I don't think it should peel like that unless something that was rough rubbed it. Just clothing rubbing shouldn't cause leather to peel like that if it's made well.
Actually I feel the same as you! Guess I'll bring it into the shop another day and try again. Thanks for your support dear! [emoji7]

Love my niki but unfortunately after a few months of wear the edge is peeling off. Granted I use it everyday for a few months cos I love it so much.... but upon seeing the leather peeling like this, I'm starting to decrease my usage of it. Rather disappointing actually. View attachment 4332313View attachment 4332314

Oh no! Is this on the back of the bag that would rest against you? Very disappointing, I hope this is resolved in your favour.

Reactions: raspberrypink
Oh no! Is this on the back of the bag that would rest against you? Very disappointing, I hope this is resolved in your favour.
Yes it's at the back, where it would lay against my clothes. The thing is, it rest quite high against my top and not my jeans. So it's quite surprising that it peels so easily. I think also given the nature of the style where it is soft (not structured) therefore there are a lot of folds and thus peels easily.
Thanks for your kind thoughts. Will pop by today and see what the SA says.

Yes it's at the back, where it would lay against my clothes. The thing is, it rest quite high against my top and not my jeans. So it's quite surprising that it peels so easily. I think also given the nature of the style where it is soft (not structured) therefore there are a lot of folds and thus peels easily.

They will fix it. I was told 2 years when I bought the bag. I used mine everyday for 6 moths straight and was NOT careful with it at all and I have not a mark on the bag. That sucks sorry you have to deal with this

Update: Just asked SA at the boutique. She said some customers tend to have this issue. I asked is it because of the quality of the bag, she said no, it depends on the customer's usage. I'm like....o...k....
She said she can send it to an agent to take a look. The most they can do is colour touch up. But the colour will run after a while. Not quite worth it for a few hundred bucks.
[emoji25] [emoji25] [emoji25]

I am about to buy a Niki and I am really worried about the leather peeling issue as I just returned the shopper tote to net a porter as the corners were peeling so I am very reluctant to buy another YSL but I do love the niki
Does anyone who has had the bag for a long time have more feedback for me?
Thank you

I am about to buy a Niki and I am really worried about the leather peeling issue as I just returned the shopper tote to net a porter as the corners were peeling so I am very reluctant to buy another YSL but I do love the niki
Does anyone who has had the bag for a long time have more feedback for me?
Thank you
I just bought my Niki and I’m worried too! I never heard of a bag with leather peeling:sad:
If this is the norm, that can’t be good for their business. I bought mine from Saks, so hopefully if it peels they will take it back or repair it.
I love that shopping tote, and was considering getting it. Did it arrive peeled? Or was it after any use?

Reactions: Sunshine mama