Saint Laurent YSL Niki Bag

Love the Niki but I have noticed in some photos that the sides of the flap pull up and stick out when it is carried. Is there any way to fix or prevent this from happening?

You’re right! I hadn’t noticed this until I bought it. If you carry it fully packed this does not happen. But if it is not full, since the flap is soft leather, it tends to “sink” on the middle, especially when you use it with one long strap.

Anyways... it is so pretty that this does not bother me at all.

BTW mine is the medium size, I’ve seen that the small one doesn’t do this.

You’re right! I hadn’t noticed this until I bought it. If you carry it fully packed this does not happen. But if it is not full, since the flap is soft leather, it tends to “sink” on the middle, especially when you use it with one long strap.

Anyways... it is so pretty that this does not bother me at all.

BTW mine is the medium size, I’ve seen that the small one doesn’t do this.
That is so interesting. I would have thought it was the opposite where more weight would cause the middle to pull down. I will have to give it a try at the boutique. I don’t tend to carry a ton of stuff but I love the look and proportion of the medium!

Reactions: Zoe C
I've been meaning to post this:smile:. I'm so excited to get this Niki Medium in black hardware :heart:
I've been tempted to wear it in the rain but chickened out:smile:
Here is a pic of it worn cross body.
View attachment 4329295 View attachment 4329296 View attachment 4329297
Bag twins! I just received mine yesterday and I wore it in the rain today without any issues:smile: I did spray it with a leather protector first. It looks great on you...don't be afraid to wear it, as it is a great all weather bag!!!

That is so interesting. I would have thought it was the opposite where more weight would cause the middle to pull down. I will have to give it a try at the boutique. I don’t tend to carry a ton of stuff but I love the look and proportion of the medium!

I think it’s a matter of volume more than weight. As you say, if it’s only heavy it will sink.

Good luck!

Reactions: Prettyvogue
Bag twins! I just received mine yesterday and I wore it in the rain today without any issues:smile: I did spray it with a leather protector first. It looks great on you...don't be afraid to wear it, as it is a great all weather bag!!!
Amazing! Congratulations! I love this style:smile:
It’s cool because in some light it seems like patent leather, and in other light it reminds me of when the Bal Cities were slightly shiny and wrinkled.
There is an area on my bag, if you open the flap and look at the inside, near the snap closure, there is a slight lightening of the leather, almost like glue residue. I will try to take a picture tomorrow. I hate to send it back because it’s so pretty!
Thanks for your input :heart:

Reactions: Stacy31
Amazing! Congratulations! I love this style:smile:
It’s cool because in some light it seems like patent leather, and in other light it reminds me of when the Bal Cities were slightly shiny and wrinkled.
There is an area on my bag, if you open the flap and look at the inside, near the snap closure, there is a slight lightening of the leather, almost like glue residue. I will try to take a picture tomorrow. I hate to send it back because it’s so pretty!
Thanks for your input :heart:
There was some glue residue on the front of mine. I was fortunately able to remove it without any issues:smile: It does remind me of the old Bal bags!

Reactions: chloebagfreak
Love this bag! This wouldn’t bother me personally (as I wouldn’t even notice) but if it bothers you I would send it back, as it should be perfect.
I have a really sweeet SA sending me another to compare it to. I just get nervous that the leather is a bit worn or rubbed in that area. I'm sure the new one will be perfect:smile:
It's such a great bag!

Reactions: antig0n@
Love my niki but unfortunately after a few months of wear the edge is peeling off. Granted I use it everyday for a few months cos I love it so much.... but upon seeing the leather peeling like this, I'm starting to decrease my usage of it. Rather disappointing actually. View attachment 4332313View attachment 4332314
Wow! That is really awful, and surprising that leather could do that. I have Balenciagas from ten years ago that don’t have anything like that. Looks like they just coated a whitish bag:sad:
I would call them and ask what can be done.
I’m exchanging my black Niki for another since I noticed a slight rubbing on the inside of the front flap. It looks like something slightly scraped it, and it’s brand new, never worn.
I hope they can offer help:heart: