Saint Laurent YSL Niki Bag

It sounds awesome. With all that in, is there any room to spare? Or is it completely filled? I'm torn between the medium and large but have only seen the large IRL. I generally like bigger bags so worried the medium might be too big a jump down for me...

Hope this helps - there is still room for another notebook or small paperback but it was starting to get heavy on the shoulder (the chains are very substantial!)

Also included pics of what Niki looks like after the bag is filled. I find, with the bag at this capacity, it is not very comfortable to wear crossbody. A bit too heavy and also it pulls the magnetic tab. I have not taken the plastic tab off the magnets, because the magnets are very, very strong without it. If anyone has a solution without using high heat to desensitise the magnets, please let me know :smile:

Attachments

• F6952F6D-AA15-470D-8F5C-E2B62D6010A8.jpeg
    F6952F6D-AA15-470D-8F5C-E2B62D6010A8.jpeg
    225.6 KB · Views: 2,187
  • D9DC97EE-430E-4A25-8DCD-241D468330AE.jpeg
    D9DC97EE-430E-4A25-8DCD-241D468330AE.jpeg
    257.8 KB · Views: 2,099
  • 47351D18-1998-4EC8-970C-78EE675D0F37.jpeg
    47351D18-1998-4EC8-970C-78EE675D0F37.jpeg
    164.8 KB · Views: 2,099
  • CB6F1463-0445-4314-9E5C-B058B1BD9BF4.jpeg
    CB6F1463-0445-4314-9E5C-B058B1BD9BF4.jpeg
    155.7 KB · Views: 2,102
Last edited:
What went into it:
Cotton grocery bag
iPhone 7
Mini iPad (tucked into the back pocket of the bag)
Wallet
Lip balm
Keys
Two pens
Hand crean
A5 slim notebook
Sunglasses (in the case)
Throat lozenge

Hope that helps!

Attachments

• 36AC2FB4-4D31-492D-89FD-1F4B53C9F474.jpeg
    36AC2FB4-4D31-492D-89FD-1F4B53C9F474.jpeg
    224.2 KB · Views: 2,028
Last edited:
Reactions: thesinkingbelle
What went into it:
Cotton grocery bag
iPhone 7
Mini iPad (tucked into the back pocket of the bag)
Wallet
Lip balm
Keys
Two pens
Hand crean
A5 slim notebook
Sunglasses (in the case)
Throat lozenge

Hope that helps!

Oh wow - thank you so much for your detailed reply and the photos. That really does help! I think I might go for this size as it does hold quite a bit plus I never wear bags cross body anyway.
Thank you again - it's much appreciated :smile:

Reactions: enright98
Oh wow - thank you so much for your detailed reply and the photos. That really does help! I think I might go for this size as it does hold quite a bit plus I never wear bags cross body anyway.
Thank you again - it's much appreciated :smile:

You’re welcome:flowers: - just a small way to repay the incredibly helpful posts and threads other tpf members which have helped me!

Reactions: raspberrypink
So did this clutch come up at all in the thread? I’ve seen photos of it around the web and wonder if it’s authentic or a reimagined knock off. It’s not on the SL website and I could not find it in any runway photos.

Attachments

• E759131B-9C6F-4EAD-AAF6-D1F2F98D104D.jpeg
    E759131B-9C6F-4EAD-AAF6-D1F2F98D104D.jpeg
    150.3 KB · Views: 1,802
Reactions: Luv2Shop1
If you have a medium Niki bag, do you find it heavy after wearing it for a whole day?

I bought the Chanel Gabrielle bag in medium awhile ago and really like it... then I realised I was getting alot of shoulder and neck ache. It took me awhile to realise it was due to the weight of the bag as I don't find it heavy when I put it on at the beginning of the day.

Niki seems like the perfect replacement for it in terms of looks, function, and aesthetic. The other bag I'm considering is the Gucci marmont matalesse.

I have the medium and use it as my everyday bag with lots of things and I do not find it heavy at all.

Thank you! Just wondering, why it wouldn’t be available on the SL website for sale if it is an official bag. Any feedback would be helpful as I like this version for going out.

Sometimes a particular style is sold exclusively through a department store or the boutique. Don't know why, but it's what I've found to be the case. :P

Hope this helps - there is still room for another notebook or small paperback but it was starting to get heavy on the shoulder (the chains are very substantial!)

Also included pics of what Niki looks like after the bag is filled. I find, with the bag at this capacity, it is not very comfortable to wear crossbody. A bit too heavy and also it pulls the magnetic tab. I have not taken the plastic tab off the magnets, because the magnets are very, very strong without it. If anyone has a solution without using high heat to desensitise the magnets, please let me know :smile:

You can always hammer one side of the magnet (hammering a magnet reduces the magnetic strength), but i would rather you don't. I totally regretted it after over-hammering my Alexander McQueen clutch and now I am finding ways to re-magnetize it (and I heard running a strong electric current through it works but I don't wanna play with the AC)

The more I look at this bag the more I like it!! Just ordered the medium in black, so I should receive it this week! However, after reading through this thread and seeing all the pics, I'm torn between the medium and large, and also between the black and the black tulip... aaaargghhh! I wonder if maybe the black tulip is just more versatile. I haven't even seen it in person yet so I guess I'll know more by the end of the week...

Reactions: Designerhbgirl
The more I look at this bag the more I like it!! Just ordered the medium in black, so I should receive it this week! However, after reading through this thread and seeing all the pics, I'm torn between the medium and large, and also between the black and the black tulip... aaaargghhh! I wonder if maybe the black tulip is just more versatile. I haven't even seen it in person yet so I guess I'll know more by the end of the week...
Update: Just ordered the black tulip in large as well... Will keep you posted on what I decide!!:biggrin:

Update: Just ordered the black tulip in large as well... Will keep you posted on what I decide!!:biggrin:
The black tulip is absolutely stunning. It’s just as classic as black but a little bit more unique. It’s such a deep rich colour. Please share photos when you receive it.

I’m also torn between medium and large Niki. Large Niki is comparable to a medium LouLou bag and I love the look of that size, but worried large might get heavy when filled as interior is very spacious.

Reactions: b_illy