Saint Laurent vs Salvatore Ferragamo

Apr 17, 2012
I have decided two brands of wallet clutches
Saint Laurent Monogram Matelasse and Salvatore Ferragamo Miss Vara. I was wondered which brand should I buy
leather quality and how much it holds.. Sell values ( just in case)
Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    489.2 KB · Views: 2,270

papertiger

MOD
Authenticator
O.G.
May 23, 2009
I think it would just depend on whether you prefer/wear white or gold metals more, esp in the evening.

Quality there's not a huge amount of difference and resale price I suppose ATM it would be the SLP but that could all change over night so don't let that sway you

Mar 17, 2013
I have decided two brands of wallet clutches
Saint Laurent Monogram Matelasse and Salvatore Ferragamo Miss Vara. I was wondered which brand should I buy
leather quality and how much it holds.. Sell values ( just in case)
Thanks
I like both ferragamo and ysl handbags. Have both brands and think the quality is pretty comparable. But between the two specific bags you've posted, I definitely prefer the ysl. Not a fan of that bow on the ferragamo. Just my personal preference. Good luck choosing the one you love the most! :smile:

Apr 17, 2012
Thank you everyone for giving opinions. I wish I could compare these two in person.
I am not sure how big the YSL wallet, because I want it fit my purse too. I will check on both. One more question, have these two brands ever go on sale?
I saw a lot YSL in my area and so rare Feragamo.
I should have posted this picture model with the bag.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    782.1 KB · Views: 3,367

leechiyong

Sep 3, 2013
Ferragamo for quality; SLP for resale. Really depends on your aesthetic though. Ferragamo, I think more classic where as SLP has a bit more edge. Both have sales, but things sell out quickly. Easier to find Ferragamo on sale though.

floodette

Mata Hari wannabe!!
O.G.
Dec 27, 2007
both brands are my fave, but for my woc i choose ferragamo, due to the organizations.

the slp (sorry, ysl as no st alurent without yves!) one does not open, while the vara one opens and gives me better access to all nooks and crannies (so i could fit my cards etc etc better). in my vara, i put cards, cash, coins, iphone, blotting paper and nars pencil lipstick, but when i tried in store, i can't access easily all those if i put it in the ysl one.

also, the ysl is too big for my veneta medium. it turns out to be a small body cross bag, instead of woc.