Saint Laurent vs Chanel

WishList986

Bag Lover
Sep 3, 2015
Ok, I'll admit that I have a really hard time when it comes to making decisions (big or small). I do not own a super expensive handbag, only an Alexander Wang rockie, and am super excited about purchasing my first luxury bag.
I seriously can't decide if I want a medium Chanel classic flap (Black) or the Saint Laurent Classic Large College Monogram Saint Laurent bag.
I know that Chanel "lasts forever" and is "timeless", but lately with the declining customer service and rumored decrease in quality, I seriously need help making my decision.
Pros and Cons, as well as regular input greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advance!

I do not own any Chanel, but I would not consider purchasing any now with the recent news of their refusing service on bags over 5 years old. For the exorbitant prices they charge, service should be a given. So I'd go with Saint Laurent. I'm not sure their service is a whole lot better, but at least the prices are. Just my $0.02!

Reactions: celine666666
Ok, I'll admit that I have a really hard time when it comes to making decisions (big or small). I do not own a super expensive handbag, only an Alexander Wang rockie, and am super excited about purchasing my first luxury bag.
I seriously can't decide if I want a medium Chanel classic flap (Black) or the Saint Laurent Classic Large College Monogram Saint Laurent bag.
I know that Chanel "lasts forever" and is "timeless", but lately with the declining customer service and rumored decrease in quality, I seriously need help making my decision.
Pros and Cons, as well as regular input greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advance!

I personally think the Saint Laurent Classic Large College Monogram bag is absolutely beautiful. It has classic matelasse quilted chevron leather, beautiful YSL logo and chain detailing. I think it is very similar to the Chanel Classic Flap but a bit more modern. edgy and stylish, whilst the Chanel flap is traditional and lady like.

At the moment i am obsessed with the monogram YSL bags with chevron stitching. However, Chanel is a classic, but to me i find it is getting ridiculously expensive and the quality is decreasing.

Reactions: celine666666
I would rather go for Ysl, I dunno about your location. I am from San Francisco, I was hoping to get a classic flap forever. But they never have it in stock. So, I am already gave it on Chanel. Just my personal opinion.