Saint Laurent vs Alexander McQueen

AnnaFreud

Dec 28, 2013
Hi Ladies,

Wondering if you guys can help me. Several weeks ago, I bought this Saint Laurent ImageUploadedByPurseForum1399564122.903246.jpg bag for $1200. The leather is very soft calfskin. This morning I bought/ordered this Alexander McQueen for $900 ImageUploadedByPurseForum1399564273.533022.jpg . As you can see, they are very similar!! It would be ridiculous to keep both but I can't decide!! HELP!! And just a little bit about me...I'm in my mid-30s, newish mom to an 11 mo DS. I also work full-time. I usually carry big totes to work so this would be a bag I carry on the weekends. Also, why doesn't Alexander McQueen have its own forum under Premiere or Contemporary Designer?? Thanks, ladies!

Jesssh

Jan 20, 2012
I like the McQueen, but I would wait to see it IRL. The leather and quality would be the deciding factors for me. Also it would have to be deep enough to hold sunglasses.

The Y seems like it would be hard to keep clean, the skull is more interesting IMO, and I think I like the shape of the McQueen better - not sure.

papertiger

Mod
Authenticator
O.G.
May 23, 2009
G-orgeous H-eaven
Honestly, they are made at the same (Gucci) factories by a similar process, just go with your :heart: and try to see which looks better

AnnaFreud

Dec 28, 2013
I like the McQueen, but I would wait to see it IRL. The leather and quality would be the deciding factors for me. Also it would have to be deep enough to hold sunglasses.

The Y seems like it would be hard to keep clean, the skull is more interesting IMO, and I think I like the shape of the McQueen better - not sure.

Yes, definitely want to get my grubby hands on the McQueen and try it on. The leather looks thicker/hardier. The YSL is a scratch magnet!

I also like the skull. It's an interesting detail. I read that it was detachable which is good in case I get sick of it later.

Thanks for your feedback!

AnnaFreud

Dec 28, 2013
I like the McQueen better but I think it's a matter of personal preference.

Their relative sizes are important, too, for purposes of practicality.

From the pictures, the McQueen looks wider but I'll have to see. Thanks for relying. :smile: So far 2 votes for the McQueen.