Saint Laurent universite bag...should I?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I have a dilemma... I really want to add this bag to my collection but I'm not sure if its a smart purchase. I currently have chanel flaps, lady dior, bal city, celine, and saint laurent chyc cabas. I was thinking the universite can be casual chyc for cross body. Do you think this bag is a classic and here to stay??

What do you all think?

2. Is the univesite bag the one that looks like a satchel? Maybe you can post pics of it and your bags so we can make a better comparison?

3. This is the universite bag. I'm deciding between the black smooth leather or pebbled leather (not pictured), red, or an olive khaki color

Attached Files:

4. Personally, I always go for black if I'm looking for a classic look... And i dont like to baby my bags so i always go with grained leather. Have you seen in the store? I would say out of all the bags you listed that you own... Chanel would be the most classic style? Do u have a classic colored flap or something more seasonal?

5. I have this bag in lipstick red and absolutely adore it. Personally I think the design is sleek and classic enough that it will stay around. Ofc no one can tell, but I spoke to the sales rep in the Bond St. and Madrid stores about longevity before purchasing 2 yrs ago and they both agreed.

For me, I think black, gray, tan and red are classic - i absolutely love this bag! It goes with almost all outfits and is just such an elegant statement piece.

Whilst the smooth leather is delicate, it is more resistant I thought than the celine box bag (and the bag is half the price). Personally I think the smooth leather is prettier than the pebbled for this style. I also thought the YSL logo was perfect for the medium size of this bag/satchel. So I bought this one instead of the celine box, and bought the celine trapeze instead.

6. thank you for your response :smile:

Yah i really like the red too but not sure if i have too many red bags but black will go with everything. Difficult decision :hrmm::hrmm:

7. yes, i have a red, white and beige classic flap. I would want something i can use everyday and for casual. Hard choice... hmm

8. Definitely black then! But if you can, i would go into the store with one of your classic outfits and try them on..