Saint Laurent Sac De Jour: Nano vs Baby

waldie

Feb 13, 2017
Hey everyone - looking for some help and advice on the SDJ!

I'm planning to get one in black smooth leather with GHW, but am seriously torn between nano vs baby size. I'm about 5"3 and hoping to use the bag both for running errands and going out/ to dinners.

I tried the nano and it looks great on the shoulder and cross body for my size, but I'm afraid it might be a little too small inside. I have a Celine nano and it's VERY roomy... I transferred all the things from my Celine nano to the SDJ nano and it looked a little tight.

The baby seems like it would be better for day to day but might be too big for dinner/ night out, and it doesn't look as great on me cross body. I was initially only considering the nano because I was looking for a similar size to the Celine nano, but after seeing it in person it doesn't fit as much as my Celine.

Any advice? Does anyone have both sizes and can offer input? Pictures would be super helpful! TIA
:heart:

I have seen both. Nano was a,ways too small for me. I also worried things could tip out as it isn't very deep. It's so cute though
Thanks so much for your reply. On the outside nano looks like the perfect size for me (similar to Celine nano which holds a lot more than expected), but agreed that it may be too small inside. Hoping that someone who has both can share some pics of what fits and what their preference is :smile:

I think this video will be really helpful for you!

Start around the 6 minute mark :] I love the look of the nano size! Get something bigger for days you need to carry more.

Thanks so much for sharing this video!

I have the Givenchy Antigona in medium and really wish I had gotten the small because I find medium too big due to my size/height. If I had the Antigona in small I would get the SDJ in nano for sure (which is what I really want and am leaning towards)!

BUT, I feel like if I get the nano I will still need a medium-sized black structured bag with top handles. What are your thoughts? Any other black bags similar size to SDJ baby with top handles you would recommend with the same structure?

I think I am going to end up buying 2 more black bags - ah!

I have the Givenchy Antigona in medium and really wish I had gotten the small because I find medium too big due to my size/height. If I had the Antigona in small I would get the SDJ in nano for sure (which is what I really want and am leaning towards)!

BUT, I feel like if I get the nano I will still need a medium-sized black structured bag with top handles. What are your thoughts? Any other black bags similar size to SDJ baby with top handles you would recommend with the same structure?

I'm in the exact same boat as you. I'm looking for a bigger black top handle bag as well [emoji23] I have the baby sac de jour but the nano is so much cuter [emoji24] I'm looking into a black croc embossed balenciaga. The Louis vuitton city steamer in black is also really nice.

IMG_1488484001.275133.jpg

IMG_1488484071.086519.jpg
Here's the city steamer [emoji6]

I think you should sell your Antigona and get another Antigona in the small size [emoji51] the medium is pretty big!

View attachment 3621190
Here's the city steamer [emoji6]

I think you should sell your Antigona and get another Antigona in the small size [emoji51] the medium is pretty big!
I have the classic giant Balenciaga city in black but it has absolutely no shape unless you stuff it :sad: If you let it sit, it just turns into a puddle! The croc-embossed you posted looks to be much sturdier and will hold its shape even without all the stuffing. And it has GHW which I love :biggrin:

Do you have any mod shots of your baby SDJ? What color did you get?

That particular LV looks very nice, but I just haven't been a big fan of the brand lately. The new Gucci Sylvie bag sparks my interest much more.

And I just can't let go of my Antigona :sad: I wish I could... But I don't think I can. Because then I will need a bag that size as an overnight/weekend bag! LOL #firstworldproblems :facepalm: