Saint Laurent Lou Lou Lovers

Purchased this from Saks; not exactly a horrible experience like some other stories but I did not get a box and was hoping I would. I didn't get a chance to check it out in store and was afraid it would be too puffy or too big, it's neither. The medium really is a great size for a work bag however I'm downsizing from a large le pliage... the loulou sure is heavy lol. How do you ladies (and gents) pack light?? Teach me! I hope the hardware lasts because I love how understated it is and would hate to see scratches showing early.
What a luxurious upgrade from the Le Pliage. All black is so gorgeous!

SMALL YSL LOULOU HELP!!
Sorry, this is my first post, and I tried searching a thread on this but I'm lost in this site LOL

I just got my first YSL bag, after MONTHS of research for a new bag. Cooling off my excitement is the ability to close the damn thing!! Is anyone having this issue? Its definitely NOT overstuffed. I need to use both hands and use effort to properly close it. the magnet helps if flop down a bit, but i basically have to pinch the top sides of bag with both hands to get the flap over and close properly.

Things in the bag: LV bifold wallet (freakin best thing if you want a cardholder but not show the cards), 4 keys (one fatty car key),slim sun glass case, mini pouch w/ makeup.

I've seen youtubers stuff the bag w/ all kinds of SLGs and mine doesn't come close but I'm considering returning it sadly. I don't know if mine is defective or they're just all like that??? When i was debating the Gucci Soho Disco or the YSL toy loulou or camera; bags about $700+ less than this bag it's hurting that this is happening.
TIA ladies!!!!

This does sound off, like maybe the magnets are misaligned. It shouldn’t be THAT hard to close. I have a toy but it’s my understanding the magnet clasps are the same on all sizes of the Loulou. It did take a bit of fiddling at the beginning to get used to lining up the magnet and the little lip on the clasp to ensure it’s properly closed, but nothing like what you’re describing. Now it’s super easy to shut.

I'd say take it back, but don’t give up on the Loulou! Play with another one in store and see if it’s easier, and return yours for one that works properly.

To all the Loulou lovers out there: I’m curious what your thoughts are on the Loulou’s staying power? The style is very classic chain flap so I don’t see that dating quickly. But I’m also not familiar with YSL and how often they introduce and retire styles. Do you guess Loulou will still look current, say, in 3-5 years?

Purchased this from Saks; not exactly a horrible experience like some other stories but I did not get a box and was hoping I would. I didn't get a chance to check it out in store and was afraid it would be too puffy or too big, it's neither. The medium really is a great size for a work bag however I'm downsizing from a large le pliage... the loulou sure is heavy lol. How do you ladies (and gents) pack light?? Teach me! I hope the hardware lasts because I love how understated it is and would hate to see scratches showing early.
I'm loving this black on black! I have this bag, but with ghw... It can get a tad heavy throughout the day... I try to carry as little as possible & have found that when I double up the straps (as opposed to one long, single strap) it's not quite as heavy. Congrats!:graucho:

Reactions: eggz716
Love this black on black!! Is the black on black newer?

Stunning! I haven't worn my LouLou yet.
I haven't quite figured out what to do with it yet. Seems to nice for an everyday bag.
I thought the same and actually bought it in the smog color but returned for that exact reason. But then I didn’t see it in the black on black and loved it. I think the black on black can definitely be dressed up or Down

Reactions: HavPlenty