Saint Laurent Lou Lou Lovers

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. the biggest issues with the lou lou bags were the folded Corners, they got damaged really really fast and the creases at the leather especially at the flap. and some ysl signs looked really bad at the flap, it ruined the puffy shape.

SK_pochacco, ccbaggirl89 and Antigone like this.
  2. oh no! could you share the thread or post where i can read more about this and maybe see pictures? I got a toy loulou for valentines day's but now after hearing this maybe i should return it?

3. lovely collection! can you post a side by side of the toy loulou and the top handle? i'd love to see a size comparison.

4. 1.jpg

klynneann, ccbaggirl89, neome and 2 others like this.
  5. Yes, the removable strap is adjustable and at its longest length hangs quite low crossbody. Also, I have the handle propped up in my pics, but at rest it will lay flat either to the front or the back per your preference.

Antigone likes this.
  6. So I've been saving money and was in the mood to buy something, maybe the small LouLou. I went to the Saint Laurent store in David Jones here in Melbourne. I just came from work so I was in jeans and hoodie (casual Friday), my Tumi backpack, and my lunchbox.

I cheerily greeted the SA "hi"!!! SA looked at my lunchbox, and proceeded to ignore me the whole time I was there.

Ooooookay that turned me off Saint Laurent so much! Well at least that brand. I also had a milder experience with an SA in that store who had such a thick accent and I couldn't understand him so I asked him to repeat, and he got visibly annoyed at me.

Since the other Saint Laurent store is far from me, guess who probably isn't buying anything from SL anytime soon?

7. Some SAs can be unpleasant like that, I’m sorry to hear you had that experience. Miss Louise in Melbourne have 15% off YSL until today I believe so maybe they’re an alternative option for you?

8. #550 Feb 26, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2019
    Hi everyone! I've just received my toy lou lou, and was wondering if its normal to see and feel the leather being extremely dry? :sad: I've actually checked this out in YSL stores before, and they feel NOTHING like this! The leather in store is more glossy, soft and supple.

Its especially apparent on the flap of the bag, which I've zoomed into detail. Please let me know your thoughts so I can decide on whether I should get LVR to do an exchange with me. TIA!!

Attached Files:

• ysl1.jpg
      ysl1.jpg
      File size:
      140.9 KB
      Views:
    • ysl2.jpg
      ysl2.jpg
      File size:
      136 KB
      Views:
    • ysl3.jpg
      ysl3.jpg
      File size:
      98.8 KB
      Views:
  9. Hey folks. Interested in the Lou Lou as my first SL bag. I’m trying to decide between the toy and small (black w/shw). Anyone have both? If so, could you post a side by side comparison and tell me about your experiences?

Also, anyone know about the stock in Paris? I’ll be headed there at the end of May and want to take advantage of the saving. TYIA.

10. Received my replacement Toy Lou Lou from LVR today!! So glad that I decided to do the exchange, as the leather on this one is significantly more supple!

I'm 154cm, and you can see that the leather strap is pretty long on me, even as a crossbody. But it doesn't bother me, I actually love the look of it! ^_^ I even tried it with my Polene Numero Uno Mini chain, and omg they go together perfectly (The vintage brassy gold on the polene chain matches the vintage brassy gold of the YSL logo)! When the gold chain is being doubled up inside the bag, it becomes a beautiful dressy handbag.

Love that the bag can be worn casually or for dressier occasions. Forsee myself keeping this for life! :heart:

Attached Files:

• ysl1.jpg
      ysl1.jpg
      File size:
      163 KB
      Views:
    • ysl2.jpg
      ysl2.jpg
      File size:
      64.1 KB
      Views:
    • ysl3.jpg
      ysl3.jpg
      File size:
      100.3 KB
      Views:
    • ysl4.jpg
      ysl4.jpg
      File size:
      98.9 KB
      Views:
    • ysl5.jpg
      ysl5.jpg
      File size:
      125 KB
      Views:
    • ysl6.jpg
      ysl6.jpg
      File size:
      96.2 KB
      Views:
  11. I love it, and your dress is super cute too!

Retroflowers likes this.
  12. do you think or know if the loulou will come in more colours for spring and summer?
    I would like to have a nude colour / beige / light rose colour
    with Gold Hardware.

at the hp there are only dark colours.

13. Went to Woodbury outlet this weekend and was able to grab this beauty at the YSL outlet store. SA said they rarely get any of the chevron styles or it gets sold quickly. It’s the large Lou Lou in Y quilted
    In blush nude color

07351497-D117-4077-9497-9137C5C8F7ED.jpeg A8C856BA-F8F6-4B5E-BCAD-EAA3FE3BA458.jpeg 446CDB5B-14C3-425B-86BF-1C927D6B36B2.jpeg

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice