Saint Laurent Lou Lou Lovers

Hi fellow Loulou lovers! I am hankering for a medium loulou in white, and was wondering if anyone has experienced really bad color transfer on their white bags and how to avoid it if possible (do you use sprays, etc...). TIA!

Hi fellow Loulou lovers! I am hankering for a medium loulou in white, and was wondering if anyone has experienced really bad color transfer on their white bags and how to avoid it if possible (do you use sprays, etc...). TIA!
I have a crema white loulou camera bag and have no color transfer and it still looks perfect after 6 months. I did not use any product on it. I have not worn it with dark jeans though but other than that I am not that careful with it.

Ok so yesterday i got my Saint Laurent loulou small from Costco and it came all wrapped up with its box, dust bag, authenticity card but just to have a piece of mind i got it autenticated from real authenticate and it turned out to be authenticate, but one detail that i didn’t include in the info for the authentication service is that i noticed that the straps are longer, for shoulder strap it measures 12inches and if i want to wear it crossbody is 24inch , on the date code it says that it was made in February 2020, i just want to know if the newer bags come with a longer strap or maybe mine is defective

Ok so yesterday i got my Saint Laurent loulou small from Costco and it came all wrapped up with its box, dust bag, authenticity card but just to have a piece of mind i got it autenticated from real authenticate and it turned out to be authenticate, but one detail that i didn’t include in the info for the authentication service is that i noticed that the straps are longer, for shoulder strap it measures 12inches and if i want to wear it crossbody is 24inch , on the date code it says that it was made in February 2020, i just want to know if the newer bags come with a longer strap or maybe mine is defective
I'm impressed that you got the box. Don't know about the strap length. I never thought to measure. However a quick check on fashionphile and it looks those drop measurements are all over the place for bags even made in the same year. But even with that, The average long drop is 22. Did you check the YSL website to see what the measurements are for the most recent bags?

Last edited:
I'm impressed that you got the box. Don't know about the strap length. I never thought to measure. However a quick check on fashionphile and it looks those drop measurements are all over the place for bags even made in the same year. But even with that, The average long drop is 22. Did you check the YSL website to see what the measurements are for the most recent bags?
I checked on the ysl website and the drop is still 22, i honestly believe is a defective bag because the chain drop is the exact same as the medium and on the authenticity card it says YSL SAC MNG LOULOU M instead of S, i will probably end up returning it and wait for Saks sale although i highly doubt the bag i buy will come with everything and perfectly wrapped as this one

Reactions: HavPlenty
I also previously ordered the small loulou from Costco (black with GHW), and the strap was too long too. I didn’t get it authenticated, but the whole bag just felt off, and I sent it back.

I also previously ordered the small loulou from Costco (black with GHW), and the strap was too long too. I didn’t get it authenticated, but the whole bag just felt off, and I sent it back.
Oh that’s good to know, will probably go tomorrow to my local Costco to return the bag and just wait for the black friday sales and see if i can manage to grab one before it sells out

Reactions: Moxisox
I checked on the ysl website and the drop is still 22, i honestly believe is a defective bag because the chain drop is the exact same as the medium and on the authenticity card it says YSL SAC MNG LOULOU M instead of S, i will probably end up returning it and wait for Saks sale although i highly doubt the bag i buy will come with everything and perfectly wrapped as this one
Yeah Saks is hit or miss with the packaging but not worse than Nordstrom.

Costco sells luxury handbags? Are the prices that much cheaper than new?