Saint Laurent Lou Lou Lovers

Hi everyone! Finally joining this club here with my new toy loulou in crema and shw!!

I got this off of fashionphile for a good price... But it's missing a strap.

Any of you has any recommendations on where I can pursue a metal chain strap that matches the same she on this bag?

TIA! :smile:
i have the same bag!! i bought the Dinky chain from Coach and it matches well imo. it's a very expensive feeling chain, i love it but it does make the bag significantly heavier compared to the leather strap.

Reactions: thundercloud
Reactions: oshkosh
Yes, I usually use painters tape to cover hardware, and the zipper. But if it does get on it I just wipe it off with a towel and it’s fine. My puffers are blanc vintage and black. No change in color or feel of the bag after using carbon pro on it. I’ve sprayed about 15 bags and 25 pairs of shoes over the last few years and it works great.
Thanks so much :smile:

Hi ladies, what do you think of the small Lou Lou in Brownie? I received this as a gift as the burgundy one was not in stock in-store in Singapore. The colour is unique, but somehow I feel it add ages to me under certain lighting. I’m torn between 1) exchanging it for the black one, or 2) to return it and order the burgundy one online if the physical store allows me to.

For context, I already have an old medium Chanel boy in black with ruthenium hardware.

I am able to add the burgundy option to cart on YSL Singapore page. Does it mean they would ship it from an available country? I’m just worried that the online order might come with defects and I get stuck with it considering it’s already an exchange.

Opinions and suggestions are welcome!

2AE59894-3B80-4D1E-B21A-5BB42DB47288.jpeg359AD6D1-9141-407E-BF44-223AC66B6E49.jpeg

Reactions: Rose71
Hi ladies, what do you think of the small Lou Lou in Brownie? I received this as a gift as the burgundy one was not in stock in-store in Singapore. The colour is unique, but somehow I feel it add ages to me under certain lighting. I’m torn between 1) exchanging it for the black one, or 2) to return it and order the burgundy one online if the physical store allows me to.

For context, I already have an old medium Chanel boy in black with ruthenium hardware.

I am able to add the burgundy option to cart on YSL Singapore page. Does it mean they would ship it from an available country? I’m just worried that the online order might come with defects and I get stuck with it considering it’s already an exchange.

View attachment 5172637View attachment 5172638
It is definitely a unique color, but if you don’t love it, I would go in and exchange it for a different color that you will love. I’ve always found it to be a mistake when I try to force myself to love a bag that I don’t.

Hi everyone! I’m new to the forum. After months of planning, I finally got my Loulou small (black, shw) from MatchesFashion. Their website said it is calfskin leather, but the receipt describes it as lamb leather! I’m really confused. I prefer calfskin as feel it would be more durable long term (as I wish to use the bag regularly).

Also, there appears to be some glue-type sticky residue / abrasion in a small area on the side of the bag. I’m worried whether this is normal (why should there be any sticky residue?) and wondering if I should return?

Any suggestions would be welcome! Photos attached.

My new bag has some glue-like residue too, on a small corner as well as on the Saint Laurent tab inside. Initially I thought my tab was badly scratched. All residue rubbed off easily with just my fingers.

View attachment 5172637View attachment 5172638
I'm thinking if you don't love it, consider trying to change it to Black as it's a different style from Chanel Boy (more feminine).

Reactions: Spy
I just bought the Small LouLou Denim and love but the strap is too short for crossbody. It's that antique gold and I need to purchase a longer chain to have my cobbler lengthen. Does anyone know where I can get this gold style?

I just bought the Small LouLou Denim and love but the strap is too short for crossbody. It's that antique gold and I need to purchase a longer chain to have my cobbler lengthen. Does anyone know where I can get this gold style?
Are you looking to add links to the existing strap? I think Mautto Accessories on Etsy sells the same style (diamond cut) chain straps, etc. I know they have gold, but I’m not sure if they have the antique gold. You could always send her a message and see what she has. I’ve had her customize straps for a Prada bag before. She’s very easy to work with.

Hi everyone! I finally purchased a LouLou in the medium size after years of eyeing it, trying it on in store but never pulling the trigger. I settled on black with GHW but the hardware seems to be more of a bronze tone. I compared it to my LV Coussin and the gold hardware on that bag is definitely brighter. I am thinking of exchanging it for SHW as it seems more casual for everyday. Any thoughts on GHW vs SWH with the LouLou?

Attachments

• 68625B51-2073-4087-ADE1-13897B0BDC4B.jpeg
    68625B51-2073-4087-ADE1-13897B0BDC4B.jpeg
    169.1 KB · Views: 65