Saint Laurent Lou Lou Lovers

Thanks everyone!! :heart:

There is also a red and a navy one in the older version that I was deciding but I think a light colour is what I want. If I go with the D.Beige I will also be able to get the older version which everyone seems to praise. Taupe will be the newer version unfortunately but I have to say the colour is quite unique.

I think for your current outfit dark beige matches better but taupe seems a little more worry free since it's darker and it's still a great match:smile: can U tell me where can I get your cardigan? I'm in love!

It's an old Oak + Fort piece from over 5 years ago... :frown:

haha, this is the exact dilemma I was in a couple of days ago & posted it on here as well. These pictures help so much, thank you! Both of them look absolutely lovely :heart: Was ordering in Neimans for their GC event, and their customer rep said that the small dark beige is marked as discontinued. So, I went in for the small Taupe which doesn't get shipped out until August. Crossing my fingers.

Let us know which one you chose.

Yeah I saw your post! So glad the pictures help and hopefully will be helpful for future Lou Lou lovers. Taupe deifinitely is a newer colour coz when I went to try the Puffer in late March this colour was not available then.

Hey,

I'm new to the forum and I'm not a native speaker, so sorry if my grammar is not perfect.

I'm going to buy my first ever luxury bag & I fell in love with the Saint Laurent Lou Lou line.

The medium is way too big for me, but I can't really decide between the toy & the small. What would you say? Is there much more room in the small or isn't the little bit of extra space worth the price difference from the toy?
If I'd get the toy, I would add a chain to it to make it a little less casually.

Thank you!
Welcome to the LouLou club. Its a great line. I had similar dilemma. Did my homework and finally bought the Toy LouLou. The Small is not that much bigger or fits more. Maybe just a couple of things more like a pair of sunglasses and bigger wallet thats it. But Toy loulou fits all your essentials for half the price. One good thing is Small can be used as a shoulder bag as well as crossbody. And on a non petite person Toy might look rediculous. For me, Small is not worth the price. Also the Small is not detachable strap. But on Toy you can change it up. The leather strap for casual and chain strap for dressier events. Definitely my vote for Toy LouLou. Worth the price. Good Luck deciding. But having said all this, Iam 5'3 and 130 lbs petite so its perfect for my size. Also, I dont carry much and mainly use mini bags and only crossbody as I get shoulder pain.
Here is my Toy LouLou with a replacement strap.

image1-17.jpeg

Last edited:
Hey,

I'm new to the forum and I'm not a native speaker, so sorry if my grammar is not perfect.

I'm going to buy my first ever luxury bag & I fell in love with the Saint Laurent Lou Lou line.

The medium is way too big for me, but I can't really decide between the toy & the small. What would you say? Is there much more room in the small or isn't the little bit of extra space worth the price difference from the toy?
If I'd get the toy, I would add a chain to it to make it a little less casually.

Thank you!

I've yet to own either so this is simply coming from my experience trying them on in the store and from other similar size bags I own...

First, you should determine how much you need and want to carry on a regular basis and go from there if you are looking for a versatile, all-around bag. In my opinion, both size can be worn casual and dressy but I do personally like how you can change the strap on the Toy to create different looks if you wish.

I was able to fit my iPhone XR w/ a thick Otterbox case (just barely!), my small, but thick wallet and my LV 6key holder in the Toy with a tiny bit extra room for a lip balm and maybe a small hand sanitzer. But if I carry a card case instead of my wallet then I'd be able to fit more. Small is able to carry everything mentioned above plus some.

This is really the most I usually carry so for a mini bag, Toy does the job hence I'm choosing it over the Small. BUT I'm also not short of bigger size bags should I need to carry more.

If you know you like the chain look (since you plan to get a chain for the Toy anyway), perhaps the Small with the extra room is a better choice for versatility as a first luxury bag.

Either or, I'm a strong believer when buying something like a luxury bag it should ultimately be whichever that makes your heart sing and gives you butterflies. Good luck! :heart:

Welcome to the LouLou club. Its a great line. I had similar dilemma. Did my homework and finally bought the Toy LouLou. The Small is not that much bigger or fits more. Maybe just a couple of things more like a pair of sunglasses and bigger wallet thats it. But Toy loulou fits all your essentials for half the price. One good thing is Small can be used as a shoulder bag as well as crossbody. And on a non petite person Toy might look rediculous. For me, Small is not worth the price. Also the Small is not detachable strap. But on Toy you can change it up. The leather strap for casual and chain strap for dressier events. Definitely my vote for Toy LouLou. Worth the price. Good Luck deciding. But having said all this, Iam 5'3 and 130 lbs petite so its perfect for my size. Also, I dont carry much and mainly use mini bags and only crossbody as I get shoulder pain.

View attachment 5081947

Well said! I agree the toy is such a good value since it’s almost half the price of the small!

Thanks everyone!! :heart:

There is also a red and a navy one in the older version that I was deciding but I think a light colour is what I want. If I go with the D.Beige I will also be able to get the older version which everyone seems to praise. Taupe will be the newer version unfortunately but I have to say the colour is quite unique.

It's an old Oak + Fort piece from over 5 years ago... :frown:

Yeah I saw your post! So glad the pictures help and hopefully will be helpful for future Lou Lou lovers. Taupe deifinitely is a newer colour coz when I went to try the Puffer in late March this colour was not available then.
Thanks for sharing! The taupe in your photos is lovely. Just wondering though why the colour looks different from the photos online e.g. mytheresa and net-a-porter. The taupe in the online photos seems to have more of a pink/beige tint (which might be due to lighting) whereas in your photos it looks more brown. Can I check which is a more accurate depiction of the actual colour?

Would anyone be willing to post some mod shots of the medium? I know there are some throughout this thread but looking for more styling inspiration. I barely wear mine because it's a size I don't do for every say (I'm using a tote if I'm going bigger) but I won't sell and get something else because the color was a limited edition and is stunning and I'll regret not having it. Def want to pull it out more and would love go see how everyone wears it casually.

Would anyone be willing to post some mod shots of the medium? I know there are some throughout this thread but looking for more styling inspiration. I barely wear mine because it's a size I don't do for every say (I'm using a tote if I'm going bigger) but I won't sell and get something else because the color was a limited edition and is stunning and I'll regret not having it. Def want to pull it out more and would love go see how everyone wears it casually.
I wore it today for shopping at the mall with biker shorts and an oversized shirt. Here’s some shots :smile: (for reference my height is 167cm - I think that’s about 5’5? and I’m a size 6 US)

D4C0D7F9-2E07-4206-901E-5807C51C0D19.jpeg

I wore it today for shopping at the mall with biker shorts and an oversized shirt. Here’s some shots :smile: (for reference my height is 167cm - I think that’s about 5’5? and I’m a size 6 US)

View attachment 5085751

Wonderful styling!!! My medium has been gathering dust because I've always thought it's a "formal-looking" bag and won't go with my very casual style but you gave me an idea on how to work it. :smile:

Did you check out youtube and Pinterest? I have the medium as well and I almost sold it but didn't. I still don't use it as much as I should. I did get some inspiration from both sites. I have a Saint Laurent board on Pinterest where I collected all the style photos I could find.

Last edited:
Hi everyone! Been lurking this sub forum for a few days now. I’ve been out of the designer purse game for almost a decade (a travesty, I know :biggrin:).

Next month, I’ll be traveling to a city that has a YSL store and I cannot wait! I’m torn between a Loulou and a Niki…plus a wallet. I’ll be excitedly reading this thread and sub forum everyday til I’m at the boutique lol.

Thank you to everyone for sharing pics of their gooooorgeous bags!

View attachment 5081947

Beautiful small bag and color! Can you please advise where did you get the strap? It matches the bag so nicely!

Reactions: gtkchau
Hi everyone! Been lurking this sub forum for a few days now. I’ve been out of the designer purse game for almost a decade (a travesty, I know :biggrin:).

Next month, I’ll be traveling to a city that has a YSL store and I cannot wait! I’m torn between a Loulou and a Niki…plus a wallet. I’ll be excitedly reading this thread and sub forum everyday til I’m at the boutique lol.

Thank you to everyone for sharing pics of their gooooorgeous bags!
Welcome back to the game! . Both bags are gorgeous. Obviously, more people on this forum will be team Loulou and those on the Niki forum will prefer that bag. The Niki is definitely more casual so consider what works with your style and if you need something you can also wear to work. I love my medium Loulou although I wish I had gotten the small so it can more easily go from day to night. The toy Loulou can also go day to night if you buy a chain strap. Most of the negative comments I see regarding the Niki pertain to how delicate the leather covered YSL is. Otherwise, people love it.

Reactions: caley