Saint Laurent Lou Lou Lovers

Thank you so much! I definitely missed @MeBagaholic's post. That definitely helps. Taupe looks really lovely too, esp with that GHW. Seems very versatile and more of the lighter neutral I was hoping for. I think I'll be pre-ordering the Taupe. :heart:
Taupe looks lovely too! I think it will be great choice!
Just make sure you can get the gift card. They sometimes do not give GCs on pre orders. Hope it’s different now

Reactions: serendipity28
Help me decide on a color, please. Finally decided to get my first YSL bag, and the small loulou seems like the perfect choice for my 5'2" petite frame. I got the Marine (like a deep navy) medium with GHW, but husband said looks a little big, and wasn't comfortable wearing it as a crossbody. So sadly, it's going back in return for a small.

Now unfortunately, I'm so torn between the small Taupe & the Legion Red with the GHW. After looking at many pictures/videos, fell in love with the Dark Beige - but looks like it's out of stock in most places. Was wondering if Taupe is close to the Dark Beige? Like a neutral, or go in for the rich legion red which looks absolutely gorgeous (but not sure if it'll carry well in spring/summer, seems more like a winter color). Also, I wear a lot of color & prints. Thanks so much!

View attachment 5080595

View attachment 5080596
I’d actually suggest getting the Small Loulou in the marine navy! It’s available at MyTheresa and Ssense and the one I own as well :smile:. Below is my post and so you can see pictures, for reference I’m 5’3” and I’ve loved being able to use it year round as another option to black. The darker color also makes me not worry at all about color transfer.

https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/post-your-saint-laurent-bags-here.845825/post-33492278

Went in to the store to try on the Toy Lou Lou in Dark Beige since I did like the colour when I tried it in the Puffer and the SA brought me.... the Taupe also!

The timing for all these couldn’t be more perfect for this thread right now coz I got comparison photos! :biggrin:

Now decisions decisions...Taupe or Dark Beige? (I’ve ruled out the navy!)

For reference, I’m 5’8”

887F7491-9BC2-4583-97AD-7B03E127A544.jpegD8DD8270-D7ED-43DA-BF9E-2FC972153574.jpeg
F9DB5385-F4DB-4DCE-92B7-BE1AEAF63404.jpeg

Last edited:
I think for your current outfit dark beige matches better but taupe seems a little more worry free since it's darker and it's still a great match:smile: can U tell me where can I get your cardigan? I'm in love!

Reactions: VSUVUS
Went in to the store to try on the Toy Lou Lou in Dark Beige since I did like the colour when I tried it in the Puffer and the SA brought me.... the Taupe also!

The timing for all these couldn’t be more perfect for this thread right now coz I got comparison photos! :biggrin:

For reference, I’m 5’8”

View attachment 5081309View attachment 5081310
View attachment 5081312
Taupe!! I love the contrast! Although DB is a beauty too. I have latte which looks similar to DB and it is lovely to wear.

So another toy loulou came to me after I returned the first one because of the quality of the sides. Even front of the bag was not aligned because of the side leather being crooked/wrinkled weirdly.
I wish I would have a pictures to show but I forgot to take them. Anyway I have read and seen on this forum that this is pretty common problem so I was even worried that another one would come in even worse condition but here she is - perfect for me I was super extra excited about this bag and even thought that I might just live with the crooked sides in order to have the bag now and not spending money again before they refund me but I decided for $$$ I paid I want decent quality. I'm happy that I waited for the new one but still waiting for the refund :sad:

Attachments

• 20210512_102318.jpg
    20210512_102318.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 44
  • 20210512_102323.jpg
    20210512_102323.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 55
  • 20210512_102330.jpg
    20210512_102330.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 56
  • Love
Reactions: VancouverLady

For reference, I’m 5’8”

View attachment 5081312
haha, this is the exact dilemma I was in a couple of days ago & posted it on here as well. These pictures help so much, thank you! Both of them look absolutely lovely :heart: Was ordering in Neimans for their GC event, and their customer rep said that the small dark beige is marked as discontinued. So, I went in for the small Taupe which doesn't get shipped out until August. Crossing my fingers.

Let us know which one you chose.

Reactions: VSUVUS

For reference, I’m 5’8”

View attachment 5081312
Can I vote both!? :loveeyes:

Hey,

I'm new to the forum and I'm not a native speaker, so sorry if my grammar is not perfect.

I'm going to buy my first ever luxury bag & I fell in love with the Saint Laurent Lou Lou line.

The medium is way too big for me, but I can't really decide between the toy & the small. What would you say? Is there much more room in the small or isn't the little bit of extra space worth the price difference from the toy?
If I'd get the toy, I would add a chain to it to make it a little less casually.

Thank you!