Saint Laurent Lou Lou Lovers

For any of you out there that have cream/beige colored Loulou bags, how are your corners and edges holding up after use?
I've noticed that once the edges wear on colored YSL bags, it's pretty obvious. Black, not so much. How does it look after some scuffing on beige/cream versions?

Can someone please explain me the difference between matelasse leather and quilted leather? I'm trying to really find a difference and I can't... are they pretty durable? :idea:
Matelasse and Quilted are the same thing. It just means 'quilted' into a certain pattern. It doesn't have anything to do with durability. You will have to look at the type of leather to determine durability such as whether it is box leather, lambskin, caviar, grained, natural calfskin etc to see which would be most suited to what you're looking for. Caviar, grained, croc embossed etc are most durable. :smile:

Reactions: ILP
Matelasse and Quilted are the same thing. It just means 'quilted' into a certain pattern. It doesn't have anything to do with durability. You will have to look at the type of leather to determine durability such as whether it is box leather, lambskin, caviar, grained, natural calfskin etc to see which would be most suited to what you're looking for. Caviar, grained, croc embossed etc are most durable. :smile:

Well, the reason I asked is because on ysl website they have 2 the same looking bags which are described as lambskin leather in the description but in the title one is quilted leather and one is matelasse :smile: but they look exactly the same

Hi all, I was gifted this ysl bag don’t know the name or anything. Came with it’s tag and authentication card but I can’t find the serial number anywhere. Can someone tel me if this is real?

View attachment 4866346

View attachment 4866347

View attachment 4866348
As far as I know, the name on the tag “Yves Saint Laurent” isn’t being used anymore (especially in the new models as Saint Laurent in all caps is the one being used) so I assume the bag isn’t authentic. Serial numbers are usually found inside the tag where the name Saint Laurent is or inside pockets.

It is still wise to have them properly authenticated.

Reactions: nycgirl79
Here my two newest babies
Black one is Small
Latte is Medium
I do love them both for different reasons

View attachment 4807776
Hi. Lovely bags. Is the Latte closer to brown/Tan or Nude? I have seen pictures of Dark Beige that looks like this as well. Trying to decide between dark beige or Latte. I'm leaning more towards the latte ;I think that will hide scuffs marks that might result from usage.

My new lovely bag ... Silvia, the seller from S.L Firenze wrote me “ non esiste un nero ma tanti neri” Y.S.L
(Doesn’t exist only one Black, but a lot of black) “Nel caso della sua loulou puffer è proprio vero!“ (for your beautiful Loulou puffer It’s really true!!!)

View attachment 4836019

View attachment 4836022
Oh my gosh. Gorgeous bag!! I am eyeing this right now. How do you like it so far? Do you know if the leather is easily scratched? I want to use as an everyday crossbody bag.

As far as I know, the name on the tag “Yves Saint Laurent” isn’t being used anymore (especially in the new models as Saint Laurent in all caps is the one being used) so I assume the bag isn’t authentic. Serial numbers are usually found inside the tag where the name Saint Laurent is or inside pockets.

It is still wise to have them properly authenticated.
So this is what the inside tag looks like it says Saint Laurent Paris made in Italy

image.jpg