Saint Laurent College Thoughts

LuxuryCatwalk

Jun 14, 2020
Boston
Hi everyone! I’m interested in purchasing the College bag. For those who have it: 1. does it scratch easily? I believe I read it’s lambskin leather so I’m wondering if it will get marked up if I use it as an everyday bag. 2. How does it hold up with time? Does it lose its shape or get very soft?
Any thoughts in general on it would be great too!

potatonoodz

May 27, 2018
I've had a small college bag for over a year and mine’s held up well- although the leather is soft and kinda squishy, it doesn’t show scratches easily since it has a bit of a sheen and it’s maintained its shape even though I’ve manhandled it at times to fit all my items in

Khepel

Aug 21, 2018
I have the small black one for around a year now. I use it frequently and so far it held up very well. I don’t see any scratches on my bag and I don’t baby my bags. I fill it up with bubble wrap when I’m not using it so I think that helped with keeping its shape.

iluvboots

O.G.
Aug 23, 2007
I've had the medium black for a little over one year, and no signs of use yet....it's holding up very well; I think you will love it; it's so multi-functional

kylienarak

I <3 Chanel
O.G.
Sep 30, 2008
CA, U.S.A.
I have the med size college in dark red for over 3 years now and love it! I use this bag a lot more than my Chanel bags. I feel more carefree. The leather is great. The only sign of wear I see is scuffing on the bottom of the bag. It is not a structure bag so I think overtime it will slouch a bit. I stuff my bag very well when storing it and so far no issue with the shape. Overall very happy with this one. Highly recommend! :hbeat:

731DFECF-ABCB-4E1A-BFA6-C77C2DBA0083.jpeg

Tschentsch

Apr 23, 2020
I have a problem with the chain strap. It always tangles up and doesn’t unfold.
Does anybody know this problem with chains or has any ideas for mending that?

Reactions: Ness123

kylienarak

I <3 Chanel
O.G.
Sep 30, 2008
CA, U.S.A.
I have a problem with the chain strap. It always tangles up and doesn’t unfold.
Does anybody know this problem with chains or has any ideas for mending that?
This is what I do before wearing it out. I detach the shoulder strap, hold it hanging down then run through it from top to bottom with my hand to straighten it. This will help untwist the chain. Hope this help a bit! :biggrin: