Saint Laurent Backpack Help

arianagrande

Jul 7, 2019
I'm searching for a new backpack for college and I've been looking at Saint Laurent's backpacks. I love how their backpacks are classic and simple! I have been trying to look for reviews on youtube to see if it is an ok bag but couldn't find any that were quite useful. I am aware they are technically made for men, but I thought it'd be perfect for my laptop and notebooks! Please let me know if you have a Saint Laurent Backpack, if you'd recommend the bag, and its wear and tear!

I have two - the Hunting backpack from a few years ago and just recently I bought the Venice backpack (on sale) in black leather.
I'm in love with the Venice! It's the perfect urban backpack for me (looks very 90's!) with no logos or anything superfluous dangling off it and the leather is amazing.

The only downside with the Hunting is that it's slightly too big for me so sits a bit too low for comfort. I'm 5'4" though and as you pointed out, they're made for men.
Not being a student I haven't tried filling either with heavy books every day but I often use the Hunting for travel and I pack it fairly tight and it still looks and works great - no complaints from me.

I'd definitely recommend them, just try them on for size before you commit.

Reactions: arianagrande
I have two - the Hunting backpack from a few years ago and just recently I bought the Venice backpack (on sale) in black leather.
I'm in love with the Venice! It's the perfect urban backpack for me (looks very 90's!) with no logos or anything superfluous dangling off it and the leather is amazing.

The only downside with the Hunting is that it's slightly too big for me so sits a bit too low for comfort. I'm 5'4" though and as you pointed out, they're made for men.
Not being a student I haven't tried filling either with heavy books every day but I often use the Hunting for travel and I pack it fairly tight and it still looks and works great - no complaints from me.

I'd definitely recommend them, just try them on for size before you commit.

Thank you so much for the advice! I'm trying to decide between getting a leather backpack or a canvas/ nylon backpack. Do you find your Venice Backpack the slightest bit heavy?

Thank you so much for the advice! I'm trying to decide between getting a leather backpack or a canvas/ nylon backpack. Do you find your Venice Backpack the slightest bit heavy?
No, not heavy at all. But weight is a bit subjective so ...
I guess I'm partial to backpacks so I keep an eye out for good ones. I've tried Chanel, several Guccis, LV, Mansur Gavriel and many others I can't even recall over the years and the leather Venice is my favourite and works well with my Burberry technical rucksacks bought a few years ago.
The Venice is really nice - very classic looking and a change from boxy, zipper style backpacks.

Thiis is my Venice below, a styled photo of the Venice from farfetch and the three backpacks (Venice and 2 Burberrys) I use regularly at the moment. Not a great photo of the three, sorry! I don't have pictures of my Hunting backpack.
DSCN1720 (1).jpg
14574746_25732704_1000 (1).jpg
DSCN1714.jpg