Said I don't ship to Canada, buyer bid anyway?

I used to be really scared about shipping to canada or anywhere outside of the US.
I don't do much selling on ebay (mostly on etsy) and at first I said i only would do priority for international and OMG it was so expensive.

But I have FINALLY figured out how to ship first class paying the postage online and being comfortable with it. The only annoyance is that I still have to go to the post office to drop off the package. but i can fill out the custom forms online and print them out ahead of time, and through Etsy they even fill out the custom forms for you and it's included on the shipping label. Would be nice if Ebay started doing something like that.

A lot of sellers don't want to have to answer the uncomfortable question (or in some cases, DEMAND) that items be declared at a lower value and marked as "gift."

Although experienced sellers know to have a "customs and duty" responsibility statement in their listings, sellers are also at the mercy of buyers who ding feedback and/or stars because they're unhappy with duties and taxes that are assessed.