Saggy Alexa

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. OK, Prehaps it is just me but the alexa looks great when she is sat on the shelf. All the proportions seem right. All compact and perfect BUT

75% of the time i use the over the body strap but i hate how it makes the bag look droopy and the sides to seem oddly shaped. Does anyone else have this problem with theres or am i just being silly?

Even the smallest amount of weight makes her sag and
    she is too pretty to sag. I know alot of the girls in the LV forums use base shapers. Prehaps this would help? Any suggestions?

2. I use a bag liner in all of my bags as I find it helps them to keep their shape. My Alexa has quite a thickish leather so I don't find that it sags at all really, but I don't usually carry that much in my bags either so maybe that's why?! :smile:

3. I wouldn't say my Alexa has a saggy bottom (!) but is quite slouchy.
    I tend to like the way she is quite smooshy and not totally structured.
    I do tend to stuff my OS to the brim so she rarely has room to be saggy!

4. Shopaholicmum - where did you get your liner? Fleabay?

5. mine have all done this and it doesnt bother me. it was never ment to be a structured bag. however if it bothers you you can get a bag linner :smile:

6. I use a VIP liner in my Alexa and it didn't help with the kind of slouching you describe - I know just what you mean because I mostly wear mine messenger-style too. The bottom corners sort of lift up/are pulled up by the tension on the strap and the sides pucker, as well as the middle of the bag sagging down.

You might find it worth experimenting with a piece of stout cardboard cut to fit, before shelling out on a bag shaper - some ladies here do this. You might find it doesn't help with this particular issue - or you might find that if you cover the cardboard with an old scarf, the cardboard does a good enough job without your needing to buy an official shaper.

I've been meaning to do that but haven't got round to it yet. I did make one for my Bays then decided I didn't like the way it made the bag stand away from my body - but Alexa is smaller and a different shape.

7. I use a thick cardboard and it fine ,no sagging .

8. I too use a liner and find that it helps the bag to keep its shape without making it stiff like a base-shaper. I got mine from Purseket
    http://www.purseket.com/handbag-accessories

9. I have a reg Alexa and did not really like the sag you describe. Still too much with the vip liner, so I made a shaper myself out of the a file folder/binder, it works fine !

10. After alot of drooling over the Alexa I've finally bought mysef one:smile:))she's my second Mulberry (have a Daria purse which i love!) I bought her on monday and i still have'nt started using her yet! ( i daydream about her at work). I want a get a liner so i'm organised and everything is neat inside the bag. I need some help because i dont know what size to get or where to get one,please can someone help? I also want to avoid the slouching:/I would really like to get one asap!Thanx for the website kellilicious but i didnt like the purseket - i want something with a bottom.

By the way - this is very very sad but i bought a large longchamp that i can keep in the alexa, so i can put the alexa in the longchamp when it rains! and this after i bought the colloni waterstop!

11. Oh I have the same problem, and I have no solution. Looks like I should be looking at bag liners too.

12. well girls, I have just moved house so i have boxes a plenty to cup up and modify. I will let you know how i get on!

Also - glad the pulled corners and saggy bottom are not just a problem for me!

13. sally.m - I know exactly what you are talking about. I just put some cardboard in the base and that helps a lot. I prefer a firm bottom!

14. base shaper should work