Sagging with v line?

Lolalemons

Aug 11, 2018
Hi all,

I’m very new to the forums so pardon if this doesn’t follow traditional etiquette. I’ve been interested in getting v line for a while. I have my eyes on the berry line surgery by dream medical. I understand not everyone qualifies for v line but I read that even if you do qualify sagging is inevitable after getting it. I want the surgery to make my big head cuter for lack of better words. In every picture taken of me my chin and head looks so big. If I, with my big face get v line will I get premature sagging?? I’m nervous now haha

Sagging should depend on numerous factors but predominantly:
  • Age -> the younger you are, the more elastic your skin is and the greater the ability for it to bounce back after bone removal.
  • Bone removal -> the more bone you remove, the more sagging there will be; the skin has limits to how much it can bounce back.

Reactions: heylo
Sagging should depend on numerous factors but predominantly:
  • Age -> the younger you are, the more elastic your skin is and the greater the ability for it to bounce back after bone removal.
  • Bone removal -> the more bone you remove, the more sagging there will be; the skin has limits to how much it can bounce back.
So it is possible to get v line without premature aging / bad sagging later in life if you get the surgery within means?

I got a slight double chin from vline but i wouldn't want my old chin back anyways. Does anyone know if coolsculpting would work for it?
Based on friends reviews and online, I have heard coolsculpting isn’t the best for double chin unless you have quite a bit of fat. Just a more difficult area to grab and freeze with the machine.

A popular nonsurgical alternative is deoxycholic acid injections (Belkyra/Kybella). They use local anesthetic on the area then inject and swelling gradually subsides until the broken down fat is absorbed. I’ve had it and it works but it takes a lot of patience haha. I may just end up doing lipo/acculift....still weighing the pros and cons.

Reactions: Yumigumi and dpnot
I got a slight double chin from vline but i wouldn't want my old chin back anyways. Does anyone know if coolsculpting would work for it?
See, the thing is, bones form the structural framework of our entire body. And, as we all know that skin is the largest organ of a human body. So, the skin is attached to the bones with middle layers of fatty connective tissues, when a portion of bone is excised there is a hollow cavity created where the usual structure of bone was used to be present holding on to the skin. Therefore, the resultant skin laxity.

Unfortunately, nothing much can be done for the lax skin to make it tighter again because the usual anatomy of bone is deliberately mutated via ps in order to change its shape and size, so, if the supporting structure is deliberately morphed from its root structure, one can expect irreversible changes occurring to the entire system(skin in this case).

See, the thing is, bones form the structural framework of our entire body. And, as we all know that skin is the largest organ of a human body. So, the skin is attached to the bones with middle layers of fatty connective tissues, when a portion of bone is excised there is a hollow cavity created where the usual structure of bone was used to be present holding on to the skin. Therefore, the resultant skin laxity.

BTW I've heard of filler between the bone and tissue creating such a hollow cavity after it dissolves, thus it could cause sagging. Not sure how true this is though.

Reactions: dpnot
Coolsculpting will work. Not as instant and powerful as liposuction does indeed but it's slow process will enable your skin to adapt with the change of your body, so there's no saggy skin.
I guess i will give it a try. Double chin is really annoying me, a youtube vlogger called sunnydahye she had the same issue as me but idk what procedure she did to get rid of it lol

I guess i will give it a try. Double chin is really annoying me, a youtube vlogger called sunnydahye she had the same issue as me but idk what procedure she did to get rid of it lol

Hi! I have the same issue. I did v-line in may and im considering coolsculpt or acculift to get rid of the double chin as well. Could you let me know how it goes? If you decide to go for it

Maybe I was young enough to recover fast lol but after getting a v-line at regen I didn’t experience any sagging. Dr Oh promised 0 laxity and hopefully, kept his promise :smile: perhaps it also depends on your genetics, my skin type is quite firm and thick, maybe that also helped somehow… idk…