Sagging saffiano

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. 40% off dresses, jumpsuits and sandals at Nordstrom. Sale ends Thursday at 9am EST. Click or tap to shop the sale!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi

I have a jet set east west tote which I loved n used a lot . I packed it up with stuffing and put it away in its dust bag but When I took it out today noticed that the saffiano had lost its rigid shape cos there was another bag over it somehow in the shelf is there anyway to make it get its shape back

2. I remember reading in the LV Speedy thread years ago that when anyone tried to get the 'wrinkles' out they would stuff the bag and let it sit in the sun. I guess the heat would smooth out the dents as the speedy is sometimes shipped flat. Not sure if this would work on saffiano leather though. If you do try it and it works, let me know! Good luck!!

3. I know others have stuffed their bags and put in the bathroom with a steamy shower (don't put bag in water). I know some have used this method with pebbled leather. Not sure about saffiano. I think there was a hair dryer method too.

4. I had something like this happen to my Jet Set Travel Tote in Palm. Another bag was laying odd near it and caused this weird dent- smack dab in the center of the front of the bag!! Needless to say, I was not happy. I ended up using my rice bag heating pad. I heated it up to a warm temp and laid it right on the bag. The heaviness of the heating pad and the heat smoothed out the crease.

5. I have owned four of this style and always keep them (and all my bags) stuffed to avoid these types of issues. You should research the hair dryer method. There is a thread on it if you do a search in the MK forum