Sage Nikki to keep or not

ivysun

Sep 21, 2006
I recently got a sage nikki from someone for $500. While I really LOVE the color and the silver hardware, one side of the bag has panel mis-on mismatch problem (color is darker on the right, plus the leather on the right is smooth while the leather on the left is distress) . Should i keep it??

You could try conditioning the leather to even out the color. Someone had mismatched panels with a wicker Nikki and the cobbler used conditioner to even it out.

a mismatched panel would really bother me, so I would sell it. But like Jenny said, maybe you could wait a bit then maybe you could sell it at a higher price

Slight variations & imperfections.. never really bothered me... they add character and personalization to the bag. HOWEVER, that is way mismatched by at least 2-3 shades... that would really bother me. It has a "patch" effect going on. R u feeling it? If you're not... I'd return. :thinking:

OMG! How can a reputable designer sell a bag that, though still beautiful, has such an obvious defect? Maybe the first buyer got it for dirt cheap precisely for this reason. She could've returned it to RM for a replacement. Without a receipt, I doubt you could that. But then again, while it's not supposed to be constructed that way and, therefore, it would be considered defective, it does look kind of cool because it's different. I tend to like different.

OH NO. That is just a HOT MESS. How did noone else realize that before they sent out the bag. I would've said to keep it if the colors were closer in shade- But that is a Big difference. Sorry but you would not be able to get close to what you paid for- if you sold it on ebay and showed that picture. JMHO

yeah.. the mis-match is pretty bad.. actually, my bf got the bag for me as a gift.. being having 0 knowledge about designer bags.. he thought that was the design..

Here is his words " I thought the bag was like those shirts that you can wear two ways... no? one side looks like a regular bag.. the other side has its special design." lol

Last edited:
We all know it was the thought that counts, and it was a wonderful gesture that your BF even knows which designer you are into,.... but you should let that go back if he can get his money back and get something that you will really love. Come on $500 is $500. Return it and if there is nothing else right this minute that you want, put the money up and wait, something else will catch your eye. That is the problem with RM, we love her colors, designs, but the quality control really needs to be stepped up. :tdown: