Saffiano Lux Durability

TorontoSS

May 15, 2009
Hi guys,

I hope I'm not repeating a question here, I did search a bit earlier but didn't find much (maybe didn't search enough!). I just wanted to know:

- How durable is the Saffiano Lux?
- Is it ok if rain water hits it?

When I bought the bag (BN 1786) I did ask and was told not to put any creams, sprays on it.

Thanks a lot in advance.

S

I have a Saffiano Fori bag (the one on my avatar). It wears like iron and still looking like new. I never put any cream on it but I do spray it with Applegard. Be careful with the light colored one though coz color transfer can be a PITA to get rid of.

I don't know about rain, that makes me nervous! :smile: I do think the Saffiano leather is very durable and easy to maintain.

I have only owned my Saffiano Lux tote for 3 months now, but it looks like it will hold up well in the future. I tend to baby my bags, but I feel like the leather is pretty resistant.

I don't put any leather treatment on it as it doesn't seem to be necessary.

I have the Saffiano in Red. I've been in the rain with it heaps of times (not on purpose). Its tough leather, so I'd say its durable and I'm usually scared of the rain with bags.
The only bag I will ever carry in the rain on purpose is my LV Damier. Rain just slides off it.