Saffiano Double Zip versus Saint Laurent Sac de Jour

NYCgirl

O.G.
Oct 29, 2006
Hi there. I'm sure this has been asked before, so I'm sorry for being repetitive, but I could use some advice. I'm having a hard time deciding between the Saffiano Lux Double Zip Tote and the Saint Laurent Sac de Jour.

I ordered the Double Zip in the medium with shoulder strap size. What really appealed to me was the Viola color. I've been looking for something in that color and it is gorgeous. I received the bag and it seems to be in good condition. I've read so many postings about people receiving their bags with bad stitching, etc. I'm just concerned with all the negative reviews about how it will stand up in the long end. I can't afford to spend all the money on something that will not continue to be in good shape after a couple years.

Sorry, I'm having problems uploading images, but here is a link to the bag and the option to see it in the viola color:

http://m.saks.com/pd.jsp?productCode=0416689550444&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=282574492709740&prp8=t15&PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524446621557&bmUID=kytklYy

I was also considering the Saint Laurent Sac de Jour. Although there isn't a violet-like color, I do really like the look of the stamped croc in black. I would probably go for the small size, since I need a shoulder strap and the large size is supposed to be really heavy. I haven't seen as many negative reviews for this bag as the double zip, so I'm not as worried about the long term condition. However, that Violet color still really appeals to me.

http://www.barneys.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-BNY-Site/default/Product-Show?pid=00505032004144

Has anyone had both and can offer opinions on which to choose? Or, even if you just have opinions on both, I'd love to hear them. Thanks!

I have the Saffiano Double Zip Tote in black medium without strap. We're approaching two years and she's held up quite beautifully, though I don't treat her the way she deserves. I put my 13" MacBook Air and lunch boxes in her which is a lot of weight. However, with all that abuse the structure, stitching, and handles are still perfectly intact.

Two issues I do have are the handles and weight. The inner part of handles develops a different texture from the dirt on your hands. Some people tie handkerchiefs so you may want to consider that since you ordered a light colored one.

The second issue I have is the overall weight of bag. I believe the bag empty is 3lbs (average for size) but I bought it as a commuter bag for work and didn't consider this.

I've seen the Saint Laurent Sac de Jour in person and just wasn't wowed by it.

I have the Saffiano Double Zip Tote in black medium without strap. We're approaching two years and she's held up quite beautifully, though I don't treat her the way she deserves. I put my 13" MacBook Air and lunch boxes in her which is a lot of weight. However, with all that abuse the structure, stitching, and handles are still perfectly intact.

Two issues I do have are the handles and weight. The inner part of handles develops a different texture from the dirt on your hands. Some people tie handkerchiefs so you may want to consider that since you ordered a light colored one.

The second issue I have is the overall weight of bag. I believe the bag empty is 3lbs (average for size) but I bought it as a commuter bag for work and didn't consider this.

I've seen the Saint Laurent Sac de Jour in person and just wasn't wowed by it.

Thanks so much for your thoughts. I'm leaning towards the Prada. It's nice to hear a positive experience from someone who's had the bag for awhile.

Hi there. I'm sure this has been asked before, so I'm sorry for being repetitive, but I could use some advice. I'm having a hard time deciding between the Saffiano Lux Double Zip Tote and the Saint Laurent Sac de Jour.

I ordered the Double Zip in the medium with shoulder strap size. What really appealed to me was the Viola color. I've been looking for something in that color and it is gorgeous. I received the bag and it seems to be in good condition. I've read so many postings about people receiving their bags with bad stitching, etc. I'm just concerned with all the negative reviews about how it will stand up in the long end. I can't afford to spend all the money on something that will not continue to be in good shape after a couple years.

Sorry, I'm having problems uploading images, but here is a link to the bag and the option to see it in the viola color:

http://m.saks.com/pd.jsp?productCod...PRODUCT<>prd_id=845524446621557&bmUID=kytklYy

I was also considering the Saint Laurent Sac de Jour. Although there isn't a violet-like color, I do really like the look of the stamped croc in black. I would probably go for the small size, since I need a shoulder strap and the large size is supposed to be really heavy. I haven't seen as many negative reviews for this bag as the double zip, so I'm not as worried about the long term condition. However, that Violet color still really appeals to me.

http://www.barneys.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-BNY-Site/default/Product-Show?pid=00505032004144

Has anyone had both and can offer opinions on which to choose? Or, even if you just have opinions on both, I'd love to hear them. Thanks!
Keep the Prada, the viola is the nicest color of all the saffiano bags and since you said that you received one in good condition, then you shouldn't have any issues with it. All you need to do is always stuff it with paper when not in use and it should hold it's shape, just make sure not to over-stuff it. I have the BN1802 in Viola and the quality is perfect. I had the YSL sac de jour in the large size and it was just way too heavy and I didn't like the seude interior because it would shed sometimes. Also you don't have to worry about scratches on the saffiano, the YSL comes in more of a smooth leather which is more prone to scratches. Definitely keep the prada and pass on the YSL. I'm speaking from experience as I've used both.

Keep the Prada, the viola is the nicest color of all the saffiano bags and since you said that you received one in good condition, then you shouldn't have any issues with it. All you need to do is always stuff it with paper when not in use and it should hold it's shape, just make sure not to over-stuff it. I have the BN1802 in Viola and the quality is perfect. I had the YSL sac de jour in the large size and it was just way too heavy and I didn't like the seude interior because it would shed sometimes. Also you don't have to worry about scratches on the saffiano, the YSL comes in more of a smooth leather which is more prone to scratches. Definitely keep the prada and pass on the YSL. I'm speaking from experience as I've used both.

Thanks so much!