Saffiano double zip button problem

lvaddict89

Jul 21, 2012
So I bought a double zip in red from a small boutique that sells mainly second hand in NYC. This was new at a great price for less than retail. They will definitely exchange it for me but I can't return

One button is fine, the other is loose. The ring around it isn't fixed, I can spin it around if I try, and when i unbutton it comes out a little. It looks like it will pop off.

Should I give up on this bag and sell it? It's a gift for my mom - and just get something better made?

You can kind of see how the button is pulling out in the picture

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1412651916.127351.jpg ImageUploadedByPurseForum1412651937.418261.jpg

Attachments

lvaddict89

Jul 21, 2012
I just closed and opened it again and the button cracked. What awful quality :sad:
Such a shame because the bag is seriously gorgeous and smells amazing
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1412652808.581919.jpg ImageUploadedByPurseForum1412652822.236362.jpg ImageUploadedByPurseForum1412652831.116821.jpg ImageUploadedByPurseForum1412652844.275834.jpg

Maice

HIME
Mar 5, 2013
United States
Hello. I do remember recommending that you research more on the Prada Subforum (here) regarding the saffiano quality issues when you started a thread on which bag to get in the Bal subforum, and gave you links to the threads on the saffiano quality topic. Unfortunately you are experiencing the issues firsthand now. :sad: I would recommend you getting another bag versus exchanging for a different saffiano. While there are saffianos which end up being fine (mine is one of them), there are just too many with quality issues so it is very risky. You would be better off getting another type of bag.

I'm sorry for your ordeal, and good luck with the exchange/new bag.

Last edited:

lvaddict89

Jul 21, 2012
Hello. I do remember recommending that you research more on the Prada Subforum (here) regarding the saffiano quality issues when you started a thread on which bag to get in the Bal subforum, and gave you links to the threads on the saffiano quality topic. Unfortunately you are experiencing the issues firsthand now. :sad: I would recommend you getting another bag versus exchanging for a different saffiano. While there are saffianos which end up being fine (mine is one of them), there are just too many with quality issues so it is very risky. You would be better off getting another type of bag.

I'm sorry for your ordeal, and good luck with the exchange.

I know I saw and I appreciate it. I guess I didn't think it was actually that bad in reality!

lvaddict89

Jul 21, 2012
I know what you mean... :sad: You're a thoughtful son for going out of your way to get your Mom a great gift, which is why I sincerely wish you good luck with the new bag!

Thank you so much. It's funny because I care so much and I doubt she would even notice hah.

I've been thinking about this one for months :X
I'm sure it will all work out in the end