Safely mailing a luxury bag I sold on ebay?

pink_jj

Jun 12, 2007
Ok, I haven't sold anything except lululemon workout clothes and other non-exciting things on ebay. I finally decided to sell a LV pochette that I've had forever but never used. Any advice on the best way to mail it once sold so I can guarantee the buyer received it and can't claim he/she didn't? Maybe this isn't a thing anymore? Anyway, if you could help or point me to a proper thread, I would be grateful!!

you should get a signature if it's above 750 but there's really no protection for sellers. a person can open a return and ship someone in your zip code a box of rocks and they'll get their money back. ebay is not good for sellers, only buyers.

Reactions: keb7332
Ok, I haven't sold anything except lululemon workout clothes and other non-exciting things on ebay. I finally decided to sell a LV pochette that I've had forever but never used. Any advice on the best way to mail it once sold so I can guarantee the buyer received it and can't claim he/she didn't? Maybe this isn't a thing anymore? Anyway, if you could help or point me to a proper thread, I would be grateful!!
Request a signature and insure against loss. Some people video themselves packing up the bag as proof of condition etc. That’s about all you can do really. The majority of stuff gets where it’s supposed to go.

Reactions: apursenewbie
Courier it with UPS, DHL etc, so it is tracked and sign for delivery. Wrap it securely in tissue, then bubble wrap, then packaging.
The purchaser can then track it every step. I have bought LV on Ebay from Japan with no issues.

Signature isn't necessary unless the total price (including shipping) is $750 or more. Otherwise, you don't need s.c. for seller protection as long as you ship to the address as per the ebay/paypal payment.

Once tracking shows as delivered (and if required @$750+, online signature confirmation), you are fully protected against an INR claim.

Insurance won't help if tracking shows delivery. (i.e., if stolen from the buyer's porch, you're protected because the item was delivered.)

you should get a signature if it's above 750 but there's really no protection for sellers. a person can open a return and ship someone in your zip code a box of rocks and they'll get their money back. ebay is not good for sellers, only buyers.
Absolutely get a signature confirmation and INSURE the package! I just sold a 2019 NF MM Azur on E....be safe...signatures and insurance!!

Signature confirmation and INSURANCE!! Also film everything from packing to drop off so the buyer can’t pull a fast one on you
Absolutely get a signature confirmation and INSURE the package! I just sold a 2019 NF MM Azur on E....be safe...signatures and insurance!!
You do not need signature confirmation if the item is less than $750. Tracking only needs to show that the item was “delivered. “
If a buyer claims that an item was not received and tracking shows that it was delivered they cannot open a dispute (for items under $750).

You do not need signature confirmation if the item is less than $750. Tracking only needs to show that the item was “delivered. “
If a buyer claims that an item was not received and tracking shows that it was delivered they cannot open a dispute (for items under $750).
Just to clarify, the TOTAL (item price plus shipping charge) must be <$750. If the item price is $740 and shipping is $10, s.c. is required.