Safe cosmetics

grammyr

Grandma
Aug 26, 2008
I keep reading so much about how bad many of the ingredients in cosmetics are that I try to find quality color and skin care without these ingredients. Has anyone found a "natural" skin care line that REALLY works on signs of aging and/or quality cosmetics that are worth the cost? I have tried Jurlique which I like but don't think it's worth the cost, Burt's Bees is not as pricey but I didnb't really see any results. I do like Jane Iredale but here again, it costs more thatn many brands, but it is worth it if it's the best I can find. I would love to hear how much you gals worry about the ingredients and which lines you like (or dislike)!

Im really not a fan of burts bees at all, and their lip gloss gives me some kind of weird reaction on my lips :tdown:

I really like this brand of makeup called 100% pure. They have their own website, but QVC also sells this brand now too. I use the tinted moisturizer, mascara, lip balm, and lip gloss. I havnt tryed any of the skin care products yet but i plan to soon. I think this is the only brand that the product ingredients arent weird things i cant read....the ingredients on the tinted moisturizer are; pigments of Peach, Apricot, carrot, Pomegranate, Cocoa Bean, Goji Berry, and Tomato. White tea, Cucumber Juice, Aloe Oil, Vitamin E, Vitamin C, Rice starch, Candellilla Wax, Extracts of Rosemary, Oregeno, Thyme, Grapefruit Seed, Japenese Honeysuckle, Goldenseal, and Cinnimon.

Some of their products are a bit $, but the lip glosses for example are mostly around $13 which I think is an ok price. The tinted moisturizer is around $30 but its a pretty large thing of it. The past year I found out about some allergies I have so I have started to care more about what Im eating and putting on my skin....

Last edited:
Wow I have never heard of almost 100% natural make up till this post! But does the stuff smell bad?

nope actually it smells really good! ..it has a very faint scent and it smells lightly fruity, even the mascara :P It isnt scented but it just smells like that because its made from mostly fruit i guess. Their website is www.100percentpure.com Im really loving this stuff (which isnt good for my wallet, but hey its good for my skin sooo:smile:)