Saddle soap

Tayyyraee

Feb 1, 2015
California
Hi! The handles on my neverfull are getting pretty dark at the top where the straps sit on my shoulder. I’m assuming this is due to wearing sleeveless shirts in the summer and my body oils rubbing off.
I saw on here to use saddle soap, however online it says not to use saddle soap with Lye in it as it can be harmful to some leathers.
Who has used saddle soap to clean their leather before? What brand do you recommend?
TIA

BowieFan1971

Jun 19, 2020
I watched videos of several people use baby wipes followed by a white eraser to take off dark marks, followed by another pass with baby wipes. They used the “free” or “sensitive” wipes...Huggies was mentioned in particular. Wipe, don’t scrub, and allow to dry before using the eraser. Lighter pressure on that too. You can use a regular pass with the wipes to keep the dark stains at bay.

maryg1

K in a circle
O.G.
Aug 29, 2006
Italy
I have used Etalon D’or saddle soap to clean my Nomade Lockit and all vachetta speedy, and also for the handles of a collegue’s DA speedy.
The leather lightneded up a bit, I was careful to not use too much product and rinse immediately. It does dry the leather a bit so I always used other leather products to nourish it afterwards.