Saddest weekend of my Life..

thanks Sweetk!
my friend actually used her credit card.. but for some reason,the transaction is still not posted in her account.. she has tried to call her bank, but the bank can't do anything because the transaction is not even pending!

thanks for the link, i've posted a lost inquiry last night..
i also found this website calle 'itaxinyc'.. i even said that i'm willing to give a reward..

inside my bag were a few of my info, even my business card is there..

i really really hope it will turn out..
i also have called 2 NYC precincts.. but unfortunately nothing has been turned in yet..

you guys didn't use a credit card to pay did you? in nyc that will show up on your card statement (the cab company) and you can even track down the specific cab. unfortunately it's more likely the cabbie grabbed it as most passengers would hand it to him or try to contact you themselves (I ALWAYS keep the item lost and then return it myself as I don't trust the cabbie to take the time and effort to return the item) .. so that might help.

also make sure to submit a lost property inquiry. the sad fact is that I have returned, and gone out of my way to return every phone bag or trinket I've found in NYC cabs but the same has seldom been done for me. it's worth exploring every option though, you never know.

and yes no more preaching but this is the worst city to be a female and drunk and out of it - no more blacking out :biggrin:

http://www.nyc.gov/html/tlc/html/passenger/sub_lost_prop_inquiry.shtml

the card will eventually show up so have her keep checking it!! check online and call! then once you get the company and cab, be diligent in trying to speak to the manager and the cabbie. Honestly there's a lot of honest decent people out there but a lot of cabbies work long hours and don't really care to track down every drunk person's lost items since honestly this happens at least once a night I'm sure. so they may have tossed it aside or handed it to a manager and it could be sitting around somewhere. you have to REALLY hunt it down. go to the company in person. etc.

my boyfriend just lost his new kindle when he was helping me reach for something at petco in Union Sq.. and I called a million times when we got home but the answer was always absolutely no it's not here, we looked everywhere etc

well one quick jaunt back up to petco and SURE enough someone found it .. gave it to someone behind the counter, and it was just sitting in the store safe! if it hadn't been claimed within the week i'm sure they'd have just kept it or disposed of it but it was the literal asking every single employee and HAUNTING their house that got it back. which is pretty much the only way you'll get something back in this city unless there's one kind soul out there who takes the time out of their day to be proactive.

with all the traffic and people to & fro here, as you know, you often have to fend for yourself and make it happen

oh wow.. i think i'm going to be doing the same..
see, i lost my bag at 11:30pm friday night.. i called my credit & debit card companies after almost 12 hours (when i woke up)..

and there's really no suspicious activity/purchase/withdrawal in any of my cards.. there's a whole checkbook there as well, and i just went into a chase bank right now and said that my account is intact.. (although i've freezed my checking&saving already.. until they open a new account for me..

for some reason, having no fraudulent activity in my 4 credit cards, 1 debit card and a whole checkbooks makes me want to be optimistic..

i'm hoping that that bag is just sitting somewhere in the cab company's ofc or something..

i will really HUNT any info down soon as we get the cabbie's medallion number.. and you're right, even to go to the company in person..

the card will eventually show up so have her keep checking it!! check online and call! then once you get the company and cab, be diligent in trying to speak to the manager and the cabbie. Honestly there's a lot of honest decent people out there but a lot of cabbies work long hours and don't really care to track down every drunk person's lost items since honestly this happens at least once a night I'm sure. so they may have tossed it aside or handed it to a manager and it could be sitting around somewhere. you have to REALLY hunt it down. go to the company in person. etc.

my boyfriend just lost his new kindle when he was helping me reach for something at petco in Union Sq.. and I called a million times when we got home but the answer was always absolutely no it's not here, we looked everywhere etc

well one quick jaunt back up to petco and SURE enough someone found it .. gave it to someone behind the counter, and it was just sitting in the store safe! if it hadn't been claimed within the week i'm sure they'd have just kept it or disposed of it but it was the literal asking every single employee and HAUNTING their house that got it back. which is pretty much the only way you'll get something back in this city unless there's one kind soul out there who takes the time out of their day to be proactive.

with all the traffic and people to & fro here, as you know, you often have to fend for yourself and make it happen

next time, i'm going to be as dedicated as your are with my bbags.. haha!
although, usually i'm like that.. this friday was just an exception (i hope!!).. i really passed out and don't remember a single thing!

Oh wow, I would also be soo sad if this happened to me but first thing on my mind would be, lucky that you had a friend who took good care of you.
That happens to us sometimes right? Drinking too much. I usually pass out when I'm drunk becuase I don' t drink anymore as much as I used to during my sorority days but everytime when I have to get up and leave, I don't know why but I always look for my purse FIRST before I go home. I guess my attachment to my Bal bag is no contest to the effects of alcohol. Haha...hope this made you smile a bit.
Hope a good Samaritan contacts you for your bag and it's contents.

Oh My...
this is a scary story...
thanks for telling me this, such an eye-opener...to be more careful..

i can't believe they were beaten down too! is it not enough that they robbed them?!

i would never hope this thing to happen to anybody really... i guess especially with us who love our bbags soooo much!

I'm so sorry to hear that! I'm just glad you weren't hurt. I just talked to a lady who was in New Orleans for a friend's BD and they drank too much. The friend lived in an upscale neighborhood and they had hired a taxi to get home. When they got there and got out of the cab some guys jumped them, beat them up really bad and robbed them. :shocked: They took her jewelry ( she had a ring on worth $25,000) & her handbag. They actually think the cab driver might have tipped off the thugs because it was kind of out from NO in a suburb. Anyway, hopefully you can get your bag back & everything inside. I'm sure your friend feels really bad. Take care!

i couldn't agree more..
a lot has said to me, "it could have been worst"

you know the funny thing is, i just bought a bbag that very Friday from a fellow tpf-fer!

anika...you lost your bag...not your life...and hopefully learned a not so fun lesson and you can go forward from today with a little more wisdom! Best to you and start a fund for another Bbag someday soon if your Pine doesn't make it back to you !

next time, i'm going to be as dedicated as your are with my bbags.. haha!
although, usually i'm like that.. this friday was just an exception (i hope!!).. i really passed out and don't remember a single thing!

This is really strange that you passed out and not remember anything:
2 possible reasons: who mixed up your drinks and really drank heavily that nite
Or someone slipped in your drink a pill that caused you to pass out.
That is really dangerous that you pass out without remembering anything.....
Take care that this doesn't happen again ok?

Hi guys..

just a quick update.. and a not so good one.. but i'll take this as a closure..

so i was finally able to get the cabbie's medallion number.. tracked down the cab company.. and they 'said' they reached the driver...

the driver said he didn't find anything on that night.. :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

I'm so sorry to hear about your lost. I don't usually drink and the one time I went out with coworkers and friends for drinks I lost my iPhone, in a cabbie. To make matters worse, I was out of town at the time and with so many cab companies in Chicago, it was impossible to track down the cabbie (we unfortunately paid by cash). I now designate a person (usually sister or boyfriend who can handle their liquor way better than I can) as my personal items security guard. You live and you learn. Enjoy your new bag :smile:

Hi guys..

just a quick update.. and a not so good one.. but i'll take this as a closure..

so i was finally able to get the cabbie's medallion number.. tracked down the cab company.. and they 'said' they reached the driver...

the driver said he didn't find anything on that night.. :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

Ohhhhh:cry:, so sorry to hear that. The whereabouts of your bag are uncertain, but one thing is for certain this time: you are safe and you know for next time how to keep yourself and your belongings safe.

Just as well you've already ordered another beautiful Bal - do a reveal once you receive it, anika - we'll all be so happy for you!

There is hope and good people in the world. Years ago when I was very young and would party alot I lost my wallet in some club. Then a lady called up and she had my wallet - I went to get it and she lived in the poorest section of town and gave me back my wallet with everything in it - forgot if she took a reward or not - but I was so grateful.