Sad not to be to authorize to buy !

jujuto

The french touch
O.G.
Dec 29, 2009
Hi everybody !

My name is Julie.
I collect vintage YSL bags. I have 9 Nadja. I am crazy about these bags.
I buy them all on ebay because it is an old collection and because the official site Yves Saint Laurent does not deliver in France.

I am sad today because a salesman refuses to answer my questions and refuses to send the bag to France.

http://cgi.ebay.fr/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260567696001&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

It is really inequitable !!
I am a good ebayeur. I always pay at once by Paypal.

Then why to refuse to send it abroad?

I find that it is a discrimination !

What you think of it?
Thank you.

Hi everybody !

My name is Julie.
I collect vintage YSL bags. I have 9 Nadja. I am crazy about these bags.
I buy them all on ebay because it is an old collection and because the official site Yves Saint Laurent does not deliver in France.

I am sad today because a salesman refuses to answer my questions and refuses to send the bag to France.

http://cgi.ebay.fr/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260567696001&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

It is really inequitable !!
I am a good ebayeur. I always pay at once by Paypal.

Then why to refuse to send it abroad?

I find that it is a discrimination !

What you think of it?
Thank you.
If you do a search around here, you can see there have been some problems with international selling because of shipping and customs, and some people just don't want to fool with the hassle. Don't take it too personally. It is just a rule some sellers in the US have - that they won't ship internationally.

Lots if sellers don't send internationally, I don't. It's a personal choice and you can't really do anything about it unfortunately. All you can do is ask and if they say no, end of story. You nor eBay can force a seller to send internationally.

lots of sellers don't ship internationally.. don't take it personally and unfortunately

a seller can decide where they want to ship to..you will find what you are looking

for & hope they will ship to you.. it is disappointing but that is the way it is

Yes, I understand that to sell internationally can raise problems of customs...
Excuse me for being a little irritated.
The seller answers none of my emails. I found her silence a little disrespectful.
I shall have preferred that he says "NO".
Thanks for your answers :hugs:

I agree with Gacats. It is very rude not to at least answer your emails. Sorry that this has happened to you. Hopefully you will find another beautiful bag from a more open seller.

I do not ship internationally because it is just a bit of a hassle....but I have had many people ask me if I would ship to them overseas....I always respond to them....I am sorry that the seller is being rude to you....it only takes one second to email someone back stating "no, I am sorry I only ship in the us, but thank you for asking".......

if you have any relatives or trustworthy people in the US that can buy it for you and ship it over..that is an option if you really want it

or find a proxy. sometimes i get stuff that way because auctions overseas don't ship to the US (lol other way around) so there are locals that i paypal the amount to + a small percentage fee + shipping costs and they bid on it for me and send it to me.

Hi Julie, I'm sure you're a terrific buyer, unfortunately, for many of us, it's very hard to know that. Sellers are only allowed to give buyers positive feedback. I don't ship or buy internationally. I don't feel I've been doing it long enough to offer it. I'm still getting used to all the things ebayers have to deal with just buying and selling in the U.S.

I do hope you find a way to get your bag.

I have bought and sold internationally. I understand that the cost of shipping will be high and I factor that into the amount I am willing to spend. Lucky so far that I have not had to pay duty tax on anything I purchased.
Some countries have very strict import laws. I sell overseas on a case by case basis. I always check the buyers feedback for similar items to what I am selling. If it was successful in prior transactions I feel more at ease.
I sold a very well loved Vuitton to a lovely woman in the South of France. There was no problem.
Good luck in your search!

Honestly, you should really consider yourself lucky that this seller won't ship internationally because, If they don't communicate before a sale, they most likely won't communicate after the sale. These are the type of seller's who usually ignore the buyer when the buyer has a problem with the item.

Yes, I understand that to sell internationally can raise problems of customs...
Excuse me for being a little irritated.
The seller answers none of my emails. I found her silence a little disrespectful.
I shall have preferred that he says "NO".
Thanks for your answers :hugs:

Perhaps they havent checked their messages yet, I know sometimes it takes me a fair few hours if Im at work or out (we havent been told the time frame between the email and this post), or perhaps they didnt respond *because* they dont ship internationally. It might not be an indication of the practices if you were able to bid and buy from them. I agree they should respond but theres no rules that say they have to and if theyre not going to be entering a transaction with the OP then perhaps they have decided it doesnt matter one way or the other.