Sad news-the end of custom orders!

yourpoultry

Nov 9, 2007
WA
So today while talking to someone from louisvuitton.com, I was told that they are no longer taking special order/made to order requests. He want on to say that they do not plan on bringing the service back.

I know there was an old thread laying around so maybe we can start a new one:

What is your one dream bag/accessory you wish you could custom create? No limitations on materials.

Also if you actually have a special order, post pictures!

wigglytuff

Love & Hermes
O.G.
Aug 10, 2008
New York
i posted about this a few weeks ago.

they are still taking custom orders for hard sided pieces and of course for one of a kind custom created pieces but i think now it must be a hard sided item unless you are super well connected otherwise you request will be rejected.

http://www.louisvuitton.com/us/pers...ialorder?sectionId=special-orders-custom-made

if you go to the personalisation part of the website it still shows you how you can get your one of a kind piece and your custom hardsided piece.

what they have stopped doing is the one where you can get say a Thames in damier azur.

but you can still have LV make you a custom trunk for your other LV custom trunks, for your pens or for your cat toys.

Last edited:

Damier Dork

Jan 15, 2010
New York
Fingers crossed ladies and gents I went and saw my SA at the Maison after reading this post, she said she hadn't heard of this yet and put in my requests for my SO's. She also said that my customer profile will come into play when the desicion is made so let the waiting game begin. She even agreed to ask for the Beabourg Sac De Sport even though it hasn't been out a year.

Kite214

Keep In Touch Eh
O.G.
Feb 6, 2010
So today while talking to someone from louisvuitton.com, I was told that they are no longer taking special order/made to order requests. He want on to say that they do not plan on bringing the service back.

I know there was an old thread laying around so maybe we can start a new one:
Did the person you talked to is someone from 866? If so, don't believe much...they always say something and then another.
Better ask or talk to the SA/Manager in store for more constructive reason why? But somehow, they do give you different and more confusing stories:confused1:

Nordy's girl

My youngest!
Sep 23, 2008
Washington
If this is true it's such a huge bummer! I'm going to have to ask my SA about this. I knew they had put a halt on certain SO for a while, saying something like they were going to be adding more purses to other pattern lines, but I will be SO sad if I missed out on the damier ebene galliera forever! Huge bummer.....hopefully it's not true!

discomom

O.G.
May 20, 2008
Hi all ! if anyone knows if there's still SA's out there that would do special orders... please let me know.. !! i'm so bummed that they are stopping SO's on bags -- says one SA from Bev Hills LV store..

wigglytuff

Love & Hermes
O.G.
Aug 10, 2008
New York
Hi all ! if anyone knows if there's still SA's out there that would do special orders... please let me know.. !! i'm so bummed that they are stopping SO's on bags -- says one SA from Bev Hills LV store..
the only SOs that they will do now are for hard-sided pieces or one of a kind pieces. this is not up to the SA this is the new policy. the pieces are made by hand in france so even if you got an SA to send the order out it they wont be making it, so it will still need corporate approval.

your best bet is to look for what you want in the second hand market.

discomom

O.G.
May 20, 2008
the only SOs that they will do now are for hard-sided pieces or one of a kind pieces. this is not up to the SA this is the new policy. the pieces are made by hand in france so even if you got an SA to send the order out it they wont be making it, so it will still need corporate approval.

your best bet is to look for what you want in the second hand market.

I just did..! in second hand market... i opened up ebay and voila...there's the damier deauville... !! :yahoo: