Sad...I Returned My Parchment Sabrina Today...

sunnia

O.G.
Sep 26, 2008
I've been using the parchment sabrina for a month and half and oh my she is my baby! I took very good care of her and as you can imagine it was a shock when I saw her 4 corners wear off in just 6 weeks!

Sad enough, I took her to the store and kind of hoping to get some "emotional support" from SA on sth like this is normal use. However the sales told me the leather, style and color will do that. She actually had one herself and she said she needs to buy another bag next year as this one has weared out. I'm sad to hear this as with the money you paid, you'd expected it not to wear out that soon... She took it back and now I got a few hundred $ store credit.

I still need a light colored bag mainly for summer but if it can be used for all season that's better. Now pls help me decide:

- Should I take a chance to buy another parchment sabrina and take BETTER care;
- Or should I buy a patent leather sabrina instead (I like the graphite although not as I LOVE the parchment leather - however as the summer is almost over, seems graphite color is more for all season while parchment is only for summer?);
- Or should I just wait sometime, say, next summer, or when there is a sales coming or go to the outlet stores (with the credit I can get more bags at outlet stores?)

Please help and cheer me up. I hope I did the right thing to return it (although unintentionally...) Now I miss her so much but hate that she can't hold up for a long time...

Last edited:
If that Sabrina is not holding up, then ultimately, I think you will be dissapointed if you get another. I would check out the outlets for another style that you think would hold up better.

Wasn't there an ivory patent Sabrina? You'd get the light color but the durability (IMO) of the patent leather......not sure if they're still at JAX or not. I could be imagining this in my head, I apologize if I am! LOL! I personally wouldn't buy another parchment with the expectation that it wouldn't hold up.

I'm so sorry to hear that!

The patent ivory sabrina does look yummy...Out of curiosity, did you treat the bag at all? (i.e. Luvin My Bags or Apple?)

When I bought the bag, the SA told me to treat it with Coach moisturier once a month, so I did. But when I returned it, another SA told me that I shouldn't have done that, as it'll "open" the leather's skin and made the dust going into it. So I got confused... I guess you girls are right... I should NOT risk to buy another parchment leather (even though it's soooo cute). I'm gonna check the ivory patent sabrina.

When I bought the bag, the SA told me to treat it with Coach moisturier once a month, so I did. But when I returned it, another SA told me that I shouldn't have done that, as it'll "open" the leather's skin and made the dust going into it. So I got confused... I guess you girls are right... I should NOT risk to buy another parchment leather (even though it's soooo cute). I'm gonna check the ivory patent sabrina.

Yes, the care card that comes with the Madison leather products says not to use any Coach care products on it. Although you did this, I don't think that was the reason the corners wore away. I've heard of this happening on the espresso color too, but not so much other colors. That is strange.

I too would also advise not to buy this color again, but I would definitely go for the ivory patent Sabrina or the winter white patent Maggie if you are looking for a white bag.

I am sorry to hear that...that is really disappointing. What a letdown. :shucks:

I know everyone's taste is different, but I just got the graphite patent sabrina yesterday, and I could NOT love it more. (I did a reveal last night). It is awesome. I took it to work today...I just started working with a new group, and even though they don't know me well, they commented on what a gorgeous purse I had!!! I also doubt that this color will make it to the outlet...my Coach store had to order it and have it shipped to me, as the graphite had sold out. Anyway, that's my two cents!

I am sorry to hear that...that is really disappointing. What a letdown. :shucks:

I know everyone's taste is different, but I just got the graphite patent sabrina yesterday, and I could NOT love it more. (I did a reveal last night). It is awesome. I took it to work today...I just started working with a new group, and even though they don't know me well, they commented on what a gorgeous purse I had!!! I also doubt that this color will make it to the outlet...my Coach store had to order it and have it shipped to me, as the graphite had sold out. Anyway, that's my two cents!

That's awesome! Congrates! Do you feel that you can use the color in summer? I don't have a white bag, only black and brown, so I'm still hesitate on if I should get it, as the main reason for me is to get a summer bag. Thanks.

Enjoy your bag.

I love white bags too. If you're not completely set on the Sabrina, check out the parchment Zoe. It's gorgeous, and mine has held up really well. Plus, they're practically giving them away at the outlets right now!

Take a chance and get another Parchment Sabrina.

I had the same problem happen to my first Parchment Sabrina shortly after getting her in December 2008. I retuned her and, leery of getting another Parchment, got the Cherry Sabrina. The Cherry was beautiful but I had no desire to use it because it was not "my Parchment". After looking at the Cherry for almost a month I finally decided to return her and get another Parchment Sabrina. I have used the second Parchment Sabrina almost exclusively since January 2009 without a repeat of the leather wearing problem. I :heart: my Parchment Sabrina.

Parchment can be used year round. I got my original Parchment in December and had no problems using Parchment #2 during the winter and Spring.

im soo sry bout ur sabrina!! i myself have a parchment sabrina and i love it to death...i got her round feb of this year and haven't used her much for the fear of gettin her dirty...i called JAX a few weeks ago and was told that there was no more parchment sabrina and dey might have discontinued it...i think you should take ur chance and try to get another parchment sabrina..and if that doesnt work out get the graphite..good luck with ur decision

I'd say go patent! The camel patent is similar to the parchment and I think she'll hold up a lot better. Plus I love that pretty chain strap!

Attachments

• Camel.jpg
    Camel.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 85