Sad... feel like my dog is falling apart

simona7

Bag Lady
Jul 15, 2007
I just feel so sad.. I feel like my pug is falling apart. He will be 10 in a few months. He has a mass cell tumor/cancer that he is being treated for. He has two different meds for his stomach (side effects of cancer meds), an ear infection and an eye infection or dry eyes (vet wasn't sure we'll see after the first round of meds). Last week he had 2 rotten teeth fall out and I think he'll have to have some extracted. All of this just happened in the last month or so. He's on so many meds and it seems like it's one thing after another. I'm mentally exhausted and worried. I didn't think 10 was that old but is he on his way out? It really breaks my heart just to think of that.:crybaby: He has been such a sweet dog and such a love ever since he was a baby. Also, he hasn't really had that many medical problems throughout his life so to see him sick with so many things is so frightening.
I guess I'll speak to our vet about my concerns. But in the meantime, it's hard to smile.:sad:

((HuGgs)) :hugs:... he's lucky to have such a great owner/companion. The best you can do, is make it as comfortable as possible as you can for him.. and he's probably just going through a rough patch.. we all go through it! ;) Just keep your chin up high...and keep the positive thoughts coming. :sunshine:

Thank you, dear ladies! :heart: Sometimes you just want to let it all out. I'm sure he'll be fine. We have a vet appt. next week and I'm calling the vet tomorrow just to talk to him about my concerns. But it sure makes me sad he is getting older. :cry:

I'm so sorry to hear about your puppy. Just keep loving him and taking care of him as best you can. Hopefully the vet can give you some good advice for keeping him comfortable and helping him through this rough patch. :hugs:

So, sorry about your baby. I was in a similar situation last year with my cat, who turns 12 next month. Your dog will pull through. Just give him lots of love and comfort.

Sorry to hear about the little guy. I think dogs are very resilient though, if all that was happening to a person we probably couldn't handle it as well as a dog could. Just love him and spoil him as much as you can and he'll forget about all those other things.

^So true... they are tougher than we give them credit. Yes, he is getting extra doses of love from all of us.:smooch:

I certainly hope this is just a rough patch and he'll be back to his old bossy self.:tender:

I know how hard it is when they are sick. My Greyhound had a cancerous tumor removed and she went through a tough patch but she is good as new now. Back to her usual twirling, bossy self. LOL Hopefully your baby will be feeling better soon.

I am sure he is going through a rough time now but he will bounce back!!! you have many more years of fun and love left with your pug!!! big hugs to u....i am sure he will be fine....