Sac du Jour or Antigona??

Catash

May 3, 2014
I also sold my Antigona recently after getting my SDJ. Both bags are black so it is better to keep just one.

My work environment is quite conservative and SDJ can serve as a nice work bag. I love Antigona too but I think it is more casual and edgy.

lewisxjones

Jan 23, 2014
I have both, I way prefer my sac de jour to my antigona but you can fit a lot more in the antigona (I find the antigona to be a lot heavier to begin with, so once its full its HEAVY). I have the SDJ in small and the old large size they stopped making in 2014 and the antigona in medium though - not sure how much you can fit in the small antigona. Both of them have held up amazingly for me though! They both look brand new still and I got my newest sac de jour in August and the Antigona in July, I alternate between the two of them daily.. don't really use any of my other bags anymore.

YS1_

Designer
Feb 11, 2016
The silhouette of the SDJ is simply breathtaking, and that extra python on the tubular handles adds so much character. I'm also curious to see what the oil wear/oxidation looks like over time, but seeing that the python pattern is irregular maybe oil stains won't be as noticeable compared to being on a single colored bag like the antigona. While the antigona is truly a statement piece, I find it to be an aggressively edgy bag with all of its straight angles flying over the place.

I never found the antigona an attractive bag. I wanted to love it, really, but the fact that it's been referred to as a "bowling bag" and the thought of associating my handbag with something as rotund and clunky as a bowling ball is simply heinous. I feel like the its shape is too unique to be practical for me as its just round all over.. whereas the SDJ is slim and if I wanted to slip it on the floor of the back seat of the car, like the LV Alma, the shape is practical so it can stand on its own.

There's something to be said when Birkin fanatics turned their noses at the debut of the SDJ - ;)
If you're a fairly recent, contemporary bag on the market that's being compared to the holy grail of all bags, maybe the structured silhouette of the structured SDJ is one to stay around as a timeless classic. :smile:

Reactions: celine666666

YS1_

Designer
Feb 11, 2016
Sac de jour. I don't really understand the comparison with the Birkin..its more similar to the Prada saffiano..

Well.. The SDJ's long, tubular handles resemble the same proportions of the Birkin, they both have a functional clochette and key set that dangles from a separate leather strap, and there are compression straps on the front and sides of the bag to adjust the bag's interior capacity, all of which seems like a similar anatomy and feel to the Birkin. If you're referring to the Prada saffiano tote I agree that the silhouette is similar, but I feel that the actual features of the SDJ are more similar to the Birkin! :P

cee_jay

Feb 12, 2016
Well.. The SDJ's long, tubular handles resemble the same proportions of the Birkin, they both have a functional clochette and key set that dangles from a separate leather strap, and there are compression straps on the front and sides of the bag to adjust the bag's interior capacity, all of which seems like a similar anatomy and feel to the Birkin. If you're referring to the Prada saffiano tote I agree that the silhouette is similar, but I feel that the actual features of the SDJ are more similar to the Birkin! :P
Yes, meant the Prada saffiano tote.. because of the shape but you are right, everything else I guess is more similar to the Birkin.. but not as expensive. :smile: