Saint Laurent Sac De Jour Souple

hi everyone,im newbie here....i just purchased a Saint Laurent SDJ in Smooth leather and the color is Turquoise.(i know most people usually purchased darker color LOL )I was offered SDJ in mint green ,but then i decided to go with the turquoise.Should i keep it or is not going to last?i want it to be versatile and timeless but i have never owned any bright color bag before.My one and only red bag i got is a chanel flap bag, and the rest are mostly black/brown bags.And any tips what to wear with such a bright color SDJ like mine? Thankyou so much in advance.If i keep this bag, this will be my second bright colored bag, and im kinda panic about how to make it look classy with my outfit since the color is very bright,but it such a fun color to match..i know black SDJ seems very timeless, but what's the fun of life if we keep buying black bags all the time? LOL
Hi, I always buy black bags but it's gotten very boring. I see many women wear bright colored these days and they look great. If you wear simple or minimalist outfits, this bag will look great. If you love it and it makes you happy, keep it.

Hi, I always buy black bags but it's gotten very boring. I see many women wear bright colored these days and they look great. If you wear simple or minimalist outfits, this bag will look great. If you love it and it makes you happy, keep it.
thankyou for your kind thoughts! im totally agreed, it bring a happy soul into the bag ... what color will you choose if you are going to buy Sac de jour? from your wishlist,totally lovin the city edge over croc stamped as the croc seems too overwhelmingly for a slouch easy city bag..but it just my humble opinion..

thankyou for your kind thoughts! im totally agreed, it bring a happy soul into the bag ... what color will you choose if you are going to buy Sac de jour? from your wishlist,totally lovin the city edge over croc stamped as the croc seems too overwhelmingly for a slouch easy city bag..but it just my humble opinion..
Hi, i think if i get a new sac de jour, it will be tan, beige, soft pink or something like that. If i get a baby or nano dac de jour, i would get a bright color like blue, hot pink or red. I ended up buying the Balenciaga Metallic Edge bag, not the croc stamped. :smile:

Purchased the nano souple in antique rose! The leather is incredibly chewy and feels very luxurious, very similar to the balenciaga vibrato or hamilton chèvre leather to me. It definitely is thicker than the usual grained sac de jours and it's lined with the most beautiful suede! I find it a lot more comfortable to carry since it's softer - I've always felt the older versions to be a little boxy and stiff. It's however still nicely structured :smile:

Attachments

• IMG_1766.JPG
    IMG_1766.JPG
    136.2 KB · Views: 1,821
  • IMG_1771.JPG
    IMG_1771.JPG
    129.4 KB · Views: 1,767
Purchased the nano souple in antique rose! The leather is incredibly chewy and feels very luxurious, very similar to the balenciaga vibrato or hamilton chèvre leather to me. It definitely is thicker than the usual grained sac de jours and it's lined with the most beautiful suede! I find it a lot more comfortable to carry since it's softer - I've always felt the older versions to be a little boxy and stiff. It's however still nicely structured :smile:

I love the colour! [emoji7]

Lovely colour! Does the new nano size have a zipped pocket inside now. Can you fit a small zipped coin purse and phone inside?

Lovely colour! Does the new nano size have a zipped pocket inside now. Can you fit a small zipped coin purse and phone inside?

It comes with a small zip pouch that's detachable. But sadly, it's half canvas. I don't get why Saint Laurent couldn't just make it full leather. The nano actually fits a full sized wallet because the soft leather is more forgiving. I usually have a large wallet, small pouch, large iphone, sunglass casing & a few other trinkets in it. :smile:

Reactions: bellebellebelle19
It comes with a small zip pouch that's detachable. But sadly, it's half canvas. I don't get why Saint Laurent couldn't just make it full leather. The nano actually fits a full sized wallet because the soft leather is more forgiving. I usually have a large wallet, small pouch, large iphone, sunglass casing & a few other trinkets in it. :smile:

Congrats on your new bag it's lovely! I'm contemplating this bag as well and really wanted the baby size but doesn't look like they make it in the souple leather yet. I feel the small is a little too big and I'm wondering if the Nano is too small? I'm glad to hear the pouch is detachable. Whenever you get a chance, do you this you can post a picture of what you fit inside the Nano? Thank you! [emoji177]

Thanks for your reply, I never expected you could fit a full sized wallet in there with the other essentials. That's great to know.

My absolute dream bag! Although I still don't know if I would prefer it in the small or nano. If you can please post lots of pics [emoji7][emoji7][emoji7]

Congrats on your new bag it's lovely! I'm contemplating this bag as well and really wanted the baby size but doesn't look like they make it in the souple leather yet. I feel the small is a little too big and I'm wondering if the Nano is too small? I'm glad to hear the pouch is detachable. Whenever you get a chance, do you this you can post a picture of what you fit inside the Nano? Thank you! [emoji177]
The Baby Souple has just been released. I've seen it on several sites including YSL.com.

That is a very pretty color. Congratulations on your new SDJ!