Sac de jour small versus antigonia and OM empriente versus marmont

Baggirl33

Jan 7, 2019
I’m looking to get an everyday bag and can’t decide between SDJ and Antigona. I prefer tge SDJs minimal design but the Ants zip!!

Also for a small travel shopping bag would you go PM empriente versus marmont?

Thank you!!

I want to get one last bag this year and have been debating between the Antigona (small) and the small Sac de jour for a while now. The Antigona feels really sturdy which is great for an everyday bag. I also like the way it looks when I wear it hand-held or on the crook of my arm (more than on the shoulder). The zipper was slightly stiff on the model I tried on in the store but I would probably leave it half-zipped just for ease of use.
The SDJ on the other hand feels really easy to get in and out of. My mid-size wallet would fit into the zip pouch in the middle and all the other items could be placed in the side compartments. It also looks more streamlined when worn as a shoulder bag (as compared to the Antigona).
I think I like the look of the Antigona a little bit more than the SDJ. But I find the SDJ more easy to use, and overall I find it to be a great bag.
Not sure if I have been of much help! :amuse: Have you tried these bags on in the store?

Last edited:
I have the antigona (well, just sold it actually) and the SDJ. I prefer the SDJ as it's easier to get in and out of. I'm not a fan of the zipper on the antigona - I had the mini size and I didn't find that it zipped smoothly and it was also difficult to get in and out of because the zipper would scratch me every time. I have the small and baby SDJs and prefer the baby size.

Can't speak about the PM as I don't have it, but I do have the marmont. It's a nice, trendy bag that's easy to just throw on, but if I had a choice between the two, I'd go with the PM.

Oh tough choice. I have both and love both. I love the simplicity of the SDJ and the classic, unique style of the Antigona. I agree with P&P. If you can, try them both on. Maybe you’ll end up with both one day.