Sac De Jour - Scuffing from Strap Clasp

likestardust

Sep 11, 2018
Hi all! Need your help regarding my baby SDJ. I bought it about 2 months back and have been using it somewhat regularly since (about 2-3 times a week). Today I noticed a scuff on the inner leather lining and was wondering how in the world it got there... until I realised it was probably due to the metallic clasp of the sling pressing into the leather when I carry it on the shoulder (or even crossbody although I don’t do that as often). The other side of the bag is showing a similar scuff, but not as obvious.

It’s such a new bag (my first YSL) so I was wondering if any of you had the same experience with the SDJ?? The croc embossed comes with smooth leather lining, I imagine the suede lined ones wouldn’t have such an issue?

Is there any way I can fix it/ should I bring it to my nearest Saint Laurent store?

Thanks so much!

Attachments

• F3FB150F-6BBD-4670-985A-57A40E302401.jpeg
    F3FB150F-6BBD-4670-985A-57A40E302401.jpeg
    279.1 KB · Views: 176
Last edited:
I just checked mine and don't have this issue on any of them. I have souples and classic (like yours) and could technically see this happening with the classics only due to the strap placement and nature of the leather.

It wouldn't hurt to take it in to SL to see what they say....it doesn't seem to be a defective, but maybe the right SA will have a suitable solution for you. Otherwise, a decent cobbler should be able to seamlessly touch up the existing worn spots and in the future you should ensure that your strap is attached in a manner such that the clasp doesn't rub that area....or just wear it by the handles.