Sac de Jour Crocodolie

islandmouse

Jun 15, 2009
Hi loves! I have been eyeing the SDJ for quite some time. I never ended up buying it and originally I was toying with the souple. I tabled it for a while because I was determined to buy the Celine luggage and/or a Birkin next time I was in Europe. Alas, COVID hit and, long story short, I don't know when I'll be flying again.

That being said, I have really, really been wanting to treat myself to a new bag. When I first saw the croc SDJ at the Saint Laurent store in NYC, I think they just had the "softer" croc leather. I've noticed there is a shinier, more like a patent leather crocodile material. Does that sound right? Anyone recommend it? I am probably going to go with black. So classy looking!

The only other thing that I've hesitated with is the price of the SDJ. It isn't cheap. I have two Valentino bags (which look nothing like the SDJ and were half of the price or less) but the only other one I've dropped $3k on is the Chanel classic flap (about 10 years ago and, tbh, I'm not a big fan of it anymore!). I can absolutely afford the SDJ, and I absolutely love it, but part of me is just a slightly morally hesitant to spend a lot on a bag. I just need someone to say, "it's okay! Treat yourself!" or something. :biggrin:

Thank you! :heart::heart::heart::heart:

It's okay! Treat yourself! ;)

SL is occasionally included in sales (ex: Saks) and codes (ex: FarFetch) too! Don't forget about Rakuten and those sites. So if it will make you feel a tad less guilty, find some kind of promo or cc cashback, etc. LOL. That's what I do! :P

I can't speak for the croc version, but I have one in black, smooth leather with fuchsia interior and I'm glad I purchased it when I did. I never see it "coming and going" like LV, Valentino, etc (all of which brands I also own) and it is very functional. The bonus is that my SDJ never ages - it looks brand new, several years later. Good luck deciding.

I haven't seen this softer croc myself, but I have the more patent shiny croc with my SDJ. I love it but I suppose you can't take the rose-tinted glasses off your first ever luxury bag purchase. You're right in that it's an expensive bag, but if you want to treat yourself, then treat yourself.

Funny...when I go on the YSL website, they list both a “matte” and “shiny” croc-embossed leather as separate bags, but then the pictures are exactly the same. I’m sure there is a difference in real life....best to compare both at a boutique if you can. Or you might be able to find pics in other reveal threads.

Either would be stunning, and absolutely classic! I think the SDJ is a perfect timeless tote. Definitely treat yourself and show us!

63905203-7931-4525-9740-8150E73F303C.jpeg3865FC90-2E20-4FBA-933B-51C4D943A966.jpeg

Reactions: islandmouse
Funny...when I go on the YSL website, they list both a “matte” and “shiny” croc-embossed leather as separate bags, but then the pictures are exactly the same. I’m sure there is a difference in real life....best to compare both at a boutique if you can. Or you might be able to find pics in other reveal threads.

Either would be stunning, and absolutely classic! I think the SDJ is a perfect timeless tote. Definitely treat yourself and show us!

View attachment 5009808View attachment 5009809
Right? That's why I was confused. I swear when I saw it in person a year or two ago it was more of the matte leather and I expected it to be the shiny/patent look. It's such a hard decision. The SDJ is gorgeous no matter what!