Saint Laurent Sac De Jour Souple

View attachment 3734553
I got my small grey souple and I love it! I actually heard about it on this thread! It was a total impulse buy while I was at Galeries Lafayette...
It's not that slouchy after all and I love the leather.
Sorry if the pic posts weird, I haven't done this in a long time!
Here is me trying the third size (small?) in the store, it looked like a khaki colour. It definitely felt more supple than the medium one. ETA: you can see some nanos sitting on the desk in this pic.
And another one in the elevator with my bag. It's the second smaller one, in grey (baby size?). I almost bought it in nude/beige. I'm glad I didn't because I'm noticing a little colour transfer from wearing the bag with jeans!
I'm 5'6 and fluffy :P
All in all I love the bag, the only negative is that it's quite heavy!
The nano ones looked very slouchy, and so cute!
Congrats on your new purchase! Definitely love, love the this new soft leather version. The leather seems more sturdy and durable compared to the classic Sac De Jour that i own. I might have to buy this one too. I love the grey i might have to buy that color!

Reactions: boudoir
Hi, the new range of Sac De Jour Souple Supple bags were on display at our local department store. They really are gorgeous! The leather is super thick and reminds me of Balenciaga Vibrato leather, very chewy. I wasn't a big fan of this style when it was released but now I really love it. I think Saint Laurent has put more effort into the quality of the leather on these bags. They had Nano, Baby, Small and Medium in stock all with long shoulder straps.

Attachments

• IMG_5921.JPG
    IMG_5921.JPG
    99 KB · Views: 1,999
  • IMG_5922.JPG
    IMG_5922.JPG
    80.4 KB · Views: 2,003
  • IMG_5923.JPG
    IMG_5923.JPG
    114.9 KB · Views: 1,999
  • IMG_5924.JPG
    IMG_5924.JPG
    129.9 KB · Views: 2,020
I agree with you on the leather quality of the souple bags. It's much thicker and richer looking. There are choices for whatever a person likes. Thanks for sending the pics. What dept store were you in? I've never seen a display as large except in the stand alone boutiques. Hoping to find what I want while traveling.

I must confess, I do have a small concern of the leather possibly getting too soft over time and not holding its shape. I am however looking at the baby size and will be keeping the zippered divider in place, so this should help with it keeping its shape. I absolutely love the should strap on the sides instead of the middle handles. The leather also feels much more substantial. Thanks for the pics.

Reactions: bellebellebelle19
I agree with you on the leather quality of the souple bags. It's much thicker and richer looking. There are choices for whatever a person likes. Thanks for sending the pics. What dept store were you in? I've never seen a display as large except in the stand alone boutiques. Hoping to find what I want while traveling.

I must confess, I do have a small concern of the leather possibly getting too soft over time and not holding its shape. I am however looking at the baby size and will be keeping the zippered divider in place, so this should help with it keeping its shape. I absolutely love the should strap on the sides instead of the middle handles. The leather also feels much more substantial. Thanks for the pics.
I don't think the Baby size will loose much shape as it is quiet a small bag. I have the classic baby Sac De Jour with leather lining (no suede) and it sometimes looks 'wavy' if i don't have much in it, but it has not changed shape. I think the Souple/Supple bags might not be as 'wavy' because it has thicker leather. To be honest with you, if you are afraid of it slouching or being soft, i would recommend buying the classic sac de jour with suede lining or a croc embossed sac de jour as they are a lot stiffer. I personally love this supple style as it is structured but a little more relaxed leather. I think this style looks great for work and casually too. Doesn't look 'too boxy' or like you're 'trying too hard' if you know what i mean. :smile:

Reactions: bellebellebelle19
Hi, the new range of Sac De Jour Souple Supple bags were on display at our local department store. They really are gorgeous! The leather is super thick and reminds me of Balenciaga Vibrato leather, very chewy. I wasn't a big fan of this style when it was released but now I really love it. I think Saint Laurent has put more effort into the quality of the leather on these bags. They had Nano, Baby, Small and Medium in stock all with long shoulder straps.

Thanks for posting this wonderful display! I completely agree with you, I love my medium souple (I know I go on about it). So much so that on my list is the small or perhaps the baby in Bordeaux.

The best thing about the souple is how care free it is. I honestly don't think the bag will sag any more with use, mine hasn't developed any sign of changing shape and in my experience, this happens very quickly with normal use. I use my medium for work and whilst I don't stuff it, it does get heavy: iPad Pro, full size wallet, a couple of pochettes with personal and tech accessories respectively, a notebook. If anything, it drops a little and appears less "rounded" with weight but only when worn hand held. On the shoulder it retains its shape as the strap D rings are on the side.

View attachment 3734553
I got my small grey souple and I love it! I actually heard about it on this thread! It was a total impulse buy while I was at Galeries Lafayette...
It's not that slouchy after all and I love the leather.
Sorry if the pic posts weird, I haven't done this in a long time!

Your bag looks beautiful on you. Saw it on you in a later post. This is exactly the bag I want in baby size in the gray color. I'm heading to Paris in 3 weeks and hoping they have it. Love it!

Reactions: boudoir