Saint Laurent Sac De Jour Souple

I'm finally coming around to getting a new SDJ bag (Yay!), but very torn between these two options:
- Designer Color: 2031 (Dark cognac colour, which I believe this is the AW17 release)
12414117_11340458_1000.jpg
- versus Deisgner Color: 2745 (Lighter brown color from this SS18 season)
12596533_12065608_1000.jpg
Both of the colors are so spot-on to me (and my wardrobe options) that I wouldn't have minded getting both colors, but I have made a promise to myself to not get more than one of any single bag model so I can have some varieties in my bag collection, and as this will be my only SDJ, I'm wondering what you guys think of each color? Which would you choose?

I'm finally coming around to getting a new SDJ bag (Yay!), but very torn between these two options:
- Designer Color: 2031 (Dark cognac colour, which I believe this is the AW17 release)
View attachment 3916315
View attachment 3916321
Both of the colors are so spot-on to me (and my wardrobe options) that I wouldn't have minded getting both colors, but I have made a promise to myself to not get more than one of any single bag model so I can have some varieties in my bag collection, and as this will be my only SDJ, I'm wondering what you guys think of each color? Which would you choose?

I LOVE the dark cognac color. It is so very rich looking. Both are beautiful but the cognac is gorgeous. Good luck. You will love using the bag.

Reactions: bellebellebelle19
View attachment 3916315
View attachment 3916321
The cognac! It's such a rare colour and looks like "old money" if you know what I mean. I would imagine this goes perfectly with a look that is classy (without being stuffy) and just slightly retro. What is your usual look?

View attachment 3916315
View attachment 3916321
Dark congnac vote for me too!

I LOVE the dark cognac color. It is so very rich looking. Both are beautiful but the cognac is gorgeous. Good luck. You will love using the bag.

Thank you! I look forward to welcoming a SDJ to my collection as well. :smartass:I looks like it would be a perfect workbag aesthetic, material and dimension wise.

The cognac! It's such a rare colour and looks like "old money" if you know what I mean. I would imagine this goes perfectly with a look that is classy (without being stuffy) and just slightly retro. What is your usual look?

Ha! Yes, when you put it that way I can totally see.

In fact, the reason the cognac color came onto my radar was because I was getting a Cartier watch (cue Jackie-O as style inspiration), and saw how the hardware and the leather strap of the watch would match the ones on the cognac SDJ almost perfectly. See attached.
IMG_3497.jpg

I'm in brand consulting so would normally go for a classic office-chic look half the the when I would be meeting clients, whereas the other half I'd like to go a bit wild and wear whatever the mood strikes when developing strategies as my office give us a free range.