Saint Laurent Sac De Jour Souple

Here is the white grained calfskin version from the Neiman Marcus site. Upon closer inspection, I've come to realize that not only does this come with a zip closure, but there is also a little metal post at the top of the bag that should allow you to lock the zip in place (using the padlock inside the clochette). This is definitely starting to appeal to me as a travel bag, even though I generally prefer the classic SDJ to the Souple.
View attachment 3855012 View attachment 3855013
Yup, here it is in Rose, showing the zip locked with the padlock (from YSL site):11357156RC_14_b.jpg

I prefer the original SDJ shapes, but this honestly looks like an awesome travel option. I like that it's got a wider shape like that other YSL bag, the Cabas Rive Gauche!
This has the look of the SDJ with the thick smooshy leather of the Souple and the roomy shape of the Cabas, plus a zip + lock feature for security. I think it ticks a lot of boxes and I've already seen it in quite a few colors/leathers online (black, white, silver, dark grey, pink, patent black).

Reactions: bellebellebelle19
Hooray! Just received by Baby SDJ Souple (black) today and I loooooove it!!!! :smile: This is my first SDJ and I'm so glad I chose the 'baby' size. I think it's a great size for your essentials with some space. I also love how the straps are now adjustable; I'm about 5'2. I lengthened the shoulder strap to the shortest and it sits just right at my hip. :smile:

Did I also mentioned that the smell of the leather is so divine? Wow! It's really THICK and luxurious. It feels really amazing, though I do love the leather for Loewe's Puzzle Bag too. This is recommended for anybody considering!!!!! :smile:

Your bag is gorgeous! I agree it is the perfect bag. I use mine everyday and love it. You can never go wrong with black. Congrats and enjoy it!

Here is the white grained calfskin version from the Neiman Marcus site. Upon closer inspection, I've come to realize that not only does this come with a zip closure, but there is also a little metal post at the top of the bag that should allow you to lock the zip in place (using the padlock inside the clochette). This is definitely starting to appeal to me as a travel bag, even though I generally prefer the classic SDJ to the Souple.
View attachment 3855012 View attachment 3855013

I personally am not a fan of it. I don’t like the zipper with the lock and don’t care for the chain strap. I’m sure others will love it, but I prefer the classic and souple leathers with the open top. Just my opinion.

Reactions: bellebellebelle19
So, I accidentally fell in love with this bag today! :P I remember when the original Sac de Jour first came out — I thought, What a great looking bag, went to see it in person, and couldn’t believe how heavy it was! Then they came out with this supple version and I immediately loved the look of it, but was distracted by other bags. I was walking through. Neiman’s yesterday and this one caught my eye. As soon as I touched the leather I was a goner.

I *think* this is the light gray color. As elegant as it is, my practical side is already at work, arguing that this color is too light, too easy to stain or get color transfer. I would probably be better off with something darker. I don’t want black, and am thinking about Taupe or Fog. Does anyone have the Fog color, and if so, how do you like it?

Also thinking if I do succumb and get this bag, I’m going to need a bag organizer. One detachable zip pocket is not enough for me — I do wish this bag had a few traditional built in pockets along the insides. I want a pocket for my cell phone at the very least. I have some inserts already, but if you have one that is specifically well-fitted to the small Sac de Jour, I’d love to hear it.

Snapped a photo so you can all see which one I’m talking about!

2DE758B9-B513-4119-80AF-FC8B61913916.png

So, I accidentally fell in love with this bag today! :P I remember when the original Sac de Jour first came out — I thought, What a great looking bag, went to see it in person, and couldn’t believe how heavy it was! Then they came out with this supple version and I immediately loved the look of it, but was distracted by other bags. I was walking through. Neiman’s yesterday and this one caught my eye. As soon as I touched the leather I was a goner.

I *think* this is the light gray color. As elegant as it is, my practical side is already at work, arguing that this color is too light, too easy to stain or get color transfer. I would probably be better off with something darker. I don’t want black, and am thinking about Taupe or Fog. Does anyone have the Fog color, and if so, how do you like it?

Also thinking if I do succumb and get this bag, I’m going to need a bag organizer. One detachable zip pocket is not enough for me — I do wish this bag had a few traditional built in pockets along the insides. I want a pocket for my cell phone at the very least. I have some inserts already, but if you have one that is specifically well-fitted to the small Sac de Jour, I’d love to hear it.

Snapped a photo so you can all see which one I’m talking about!

View attachment 3861579
I have the medium in black (this is my work bag so went with black to match carry on luggage when I travel etc.). I use the middle pouch for my phone and/or iPad when I carry it. I agree it is lacking inside pockets so I always carry LV pochette accessoires to organise my wallet, keys and things and another accessories pouch to carry the rest in the other compartment. But it's perfect for a large notebook and the occasional files. If I pack it full, it carries a lot but it's too heavy for hand held so I don't.

This bag is listed on Fashionphile in excellent condition. I'm wondering if anyone who has the bag can speak to whether this is how their souple leather bag has been wearing? TIA

I have the bag in baby size and the leather has stayed the same as when I first purchased it. I use it everyday and no slouch to the leather. Can’t speak for the larger sizes.

Thank you both for your responses. I have the baby size in the smooth, original version and wanted to add the SDJ in souple but this pictures had me worried. I am glad to hear that neither of you have experienced this type of bag sag.

Thank you both for your responses. I have the baby size in the smooth, original version and wanted to add the SDJ in souple but these pictures had me worried. I am glad to hear that neither of you have experienced this type of bag sag.

I have the bag in baby size and the leather has stayed the same as when I first purchased it. I use it everyday and no slouch to the leather. Can’t speak for the larger sizes.

Yep, I have the same experience. Souple bag in baby and it's held up perfectly. Looks brand new.