Sac De Jour 2017 - Updated Design

1. #1 Jan 11, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
    Sac De Jour fans, buckle yourselves in for this:

I just saw a few pre-order SDJs for 2017 and I think that some of the changes that will be seen in the new range include
    • Side tabs has one or two visible studs, depending on the size (looks like the hidden snaps will be replaced)
    • New hanging tag charm comes with the usual padlock
    • Leather seems softer and slouchier like the original SDJs from 2013 - the shape looks less structured overall
    • Medium size will be available again
    • Inner removable pouch is partially fabric (this should help reduce the weight of the bags)
    • Shoulder strap attaches on the sides, above the gusseted portion
    Which design do you prefer? NMV3F3N_mz1.png NMV3FLD_mz1.png NMV3F3U_mz1.png BGV3F3T_mz1.jpg

(Pictures from Neiman Marcus and Bergdorf Goodman websites)

2. Not a fan. I feel like the SCJ needs to be structured. I don't like the extra hardware that was added either. whyy!!!!

3. Don't like it either.. Not a fan of the visible snaps and slouchier leather.

Lizg1996 likes this.
  4. Nope. I definitely prefer the structured designs and the clean, minimalist style without those extra studs in front.

Lizg1996 likes this.
  5. I think that the leather would feel nicer to the touch in the new version but I definitely prefer the design and structured look of the older version.

BGV3F3N_bz1.jpg

(Picture from Bergdorf Goodman)

6. #6 Jan 11, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
    There are also new SDJs for Spring 2017 that look the same as last year's model. I saw some at Barneys.com. I think this is just a seasonal variation and will not be replacing the original. ( Here is one: http://www.barneys.com/product/saint-laurent-small-sac-de-jour-505036165.html )

While I prefer the structured model circa 2014 (not the newer 'wavy' ones) I do like this model. It does look more like a blatant birkin rip off though. It brings to mind Jane Birkin's black birkin bags that she uses until they are worn out, and Kate Moss's out of shape original SDJ. I would have to see it in person though to really make up my mind.

I think it has an edgier look and it's tempting to think you wouldn't have to 'baby' it, like I do with my structured smooth leather ones.

keodi, mal, Aluxe and 1 other person like this.
  7. Not a fan at all.

8. I don't like it. The extra hardware looks tacky to me and it's a little too slouchy for this style bag in my opinion.

the_metal_guru and Azula like this.
  9. I don't hate it but definitely prefer the structured look though.

10. Quite right,

CallaBerry and Venessa84 like this.
  11. Looking at it again, I don't hate it.

12. I like the baby size with croc-stamped leather. I don't think that one would get too slouchy.

13. The 2013 model was perfect. Why change it?!

14. Not loving it at all, the 2013 model was already perfect as is. If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

15. Not for me. I like the texture of leather, but not the slouchiness and those studs - not my taste.

Aluxe likes this.