sac bosphore with speedy handles

I like the way the bag looks better with the speedy type handles, but I also worry about keeping them clean.....if the bag were to get to heavy with the cloth handles, would you use the strap? If you wouldn't use the strap, I would definitely see if you can change the handles, it really does look nice. I would suggest, like someone else, that you give the icare a look as well.

With the vachetta handles they can get stained and really dirty over time if you don't care for them. The regular patina isn't bad, it's just when they start to turn black, or get water spots etc that it can be a pain. There are a few different things you can treat the handles with to help prevent staining etc. if you do a search in the faq sub forum, I think that's where all that information is located.

Have fun at the store, hopefully they'll be able to do this for you, that would be one really nice looking bag!

I like the way the bag looks better with the speedy type handles, but I also worry about keeping them clean.....if the bag were to get to heavy with the cloth handles, would you use the strap? If you wouldn't use the strap, I would definitely see if you can change the handles, it really does look nice. I would suggest, like someone else, that you give the icare a look as well.

With the vachetta handles they can get stained and really dirty over time if you don't care for them. The regular patina isn't bad, it's just when they start to turn black, or get water spots etc that it can be a pain. There are a few different things you can treat the handles with to help prevent staining etc. if you do a search in the faq sub forum, I think that's where all that information is located.

Have fun at the store, hopefully they'll be able to do this for you, that would be one really nice looking bag!

:smile: thanks nordy's girl!...

I doubt I would use the cross-body strap when the bag gets heavy only because i already wear a small messenger bag (man-bag) via cross-body strap...the similar bag I have right now...I never use the strap!

I'll definitely consider the icare but I worry it's too big...maybe a bit too luggage looking (no-offense to luggage-looking bags, but I don't want to look like I'm heading to the airport every time I go to school/the lab)...I hope they have one at my local boutique!

thankies again :biggrin: off to the 'keeping your vachetta clean' threads

It would be awesome if they can change the handles!
I love the Sac Bosphore too, but I exchanged it for the Icare because of the strap handles, they're a bit uncomfortable.

It would be awesome if they can change the handles!
I love the Sac Bosphore too, but I exchanged it for the Icare because of the strap handles, they're a bit uncomfortable.

mario.af...thanks so much for the comment.

I only thought the strap handles would be uncomfortable just by looking at it...I'm glad you affirmed that notion!

is the icare significantly larger than the Sac Bosphore? according to the website the icare is 15.5 x 11.4 x 5.9 and the Sac Bosphore is 14 x 10.2 x 3.1...just a few inches here and there but does it look and feel a LOT bigger than the Sac Boshpore?

Thanks!

Let us know if they will do it for you.

Last time I asked to put in a lining in my epi speedy (it's an older model with just a patch pocket), I was told that LV won't do it as it will change the integrity of their design. I didn't fully understand how adding a lining on the INSIDE could possibly change the design but oh well.

Let us know if they will do it for you.

Last time I asked to put in a lining in my epi speedy (it's an older model with just a patch pocket), I was told that LV won't do it as it will change the integrity of their design. I didn't fully understand how adding a lining on the INSIDE could possibly change the design but oh well.

O NOOO! that would definitely put a kink in the plans! If they weren't willing to do that for you...now I'm thinking they won't do it for me :sad:...especially since changing the handles would definitely change the integrity of their design!

mario.af...thanks so much for the comment.

I only thought the strap handles would be uncomfortable just by looking at it...I'm glad you affirmed that notion!

is the icare significantly larger than the Sac Bosphore? according to the website the icare is 15.5 x 11.4 x 5.9 and the Sac Bosphore is 14 x 10.2 x 3.1...just a few inches here and there but does it look and feel a LOT bigger than the Sac Boshpore?

Thanks!

The handles are uncomfortable because they're too thick and flat (or maybe my hands are too small hahaha)
Anyway, I can fit perfectly a MacBook 13'' in the Sac Bosphore, the Icare can fit a 15'' MacBook Pro. It's bigger, but not huge :smile:

Hey everyone...

here's an update...

I just got back from the boutique and it's NO GO :sad:

They said they used to do that kind of stuff (e.g., change out handles, etc.) but they no longer do it.

I took a look at the icare and it was a bit larger than i would like so my search continues.

Thanks for all the comments!