Sac à Dépêches

Big decision to make: should I buy a new sac a depeches light 1-37 or a Kelly depeches 36 briefcase? Interested not only on the beauty of the design and practicality of the purchase but also as an investment. Thoughts please! View attachment 5728921View attachment 5728922

I'd choose the Sac à Dépêches!! It's just so much more interesting to me, plus, likely much easier to get in and out of. Because you started this thread, I'm thinking you love the Sac à Dépêches more, too! :smile: Really, choose the one you love best, as there's no guarantee regarding which will be more desired, if and when you ever decided to let it go. Best case, you choose the one you love and keep it forever!

I'd choose the Sac à Dépêches!! It's just so much more interesting to me, plus, likely much easier to get in and out of. Because you started this thread, I'm thinking you love the Sac à Dépêches more, too! :smile: Really, choose the one you love best, as there's no guarantee regarding who loves what most, if and when you ever decided to let it go. Best case, you choose the one you love and keep it forever!
There’s so much truth in your reply! Thank you!

• Love
Reactions: etoile de mer
I dont see my bags as a investment as I probably wont sell it for a profit in the future.
I base my purchases on my lifestyle, and if i'm traveling with my SaD in cars, trains, and airplanes, i wanted the sturdiest version possible which is Epsom.
So your miles may vary.
Thank you. I guess it depends on each individual. For example: I am considering a sac a depeches which is essentially a business briefcase, but I am 62 and will probably want to sell it when I retire. That’s why I see it as an investment in addition to enjoying it for what it is.

I guess if your the type that's clumsy, then get the epsom.
If you planning to keep it in the box and take it out once in a blue moon, get the evergrain.
Or get Togo.
Really no investment tips here. Just get the leather you enjoy the most.

Reactions: Buildingprofile
Question for all: which leather would you consider a better investment, Epsom, Togo or Evergrain?

You may want to do a search here on the various types of leather. Each you're considering has pros and cons regarding how well they wear. One thing to consider is that Epsom is a stamped leather, which makes it more difficult to refurbish. Some find it tends to get corner wear easily (which may be a consideration for a briefcase). It's lighter than Togo, but many feel Togo is more durable.

You may want to do a search here on the various types of leather. Each you're considering has pros and cons regarding how well they wear. One thing to consider is that Epsom is a stamped leather, which makes it more difficult to refurbish. Some find it tends to get corner wear easily (which may be a consideration for a briefcase). It's lighter than Togo, but many feel Togo is more durable.
Thank you for these insights! In terms of personal preference, I am leaning toward Togo simply because I have the experience with my sac a depeches 21. I actually saw a piece in Epsom today and found it very light, but a bit too rigid.

Reactions: etoile de mer
Thank you for these insights! In terms of personal preference, I am leaning toward Togo simply because I have the experience with my sac a depeches 21. I actually saw a piece in Epsom today and found it very light, but a bit too rigid.

So many here have much more experience with the various leathers than I do, but glad if I can help a bit! I tried to find a relevant thread for you. This might be helpful. Good luck with your decision! :flowers:

https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/b25-togo-vs-epsom.1004701/

Reactions: hermesafficionado
Hi all, new to this forum. I have been looking at a crossbody (but hoping for more significant size than a 21) with similar styling. I am wondering how much you can place in the sizes. Any other ideas for crossbody bags with more structure? For example, if I take it with me to explore a new city, can I pring a phone and maps and maybe some snacks for my partner and me? Thanks! Love this group!

Reactions: hermesafficionado