Sabrina in Cobalt.... What should I do?

tikilove81

Oct 26, 2006
I have a dillema. The other day I got this beautiful Sabrina in Cobalt. But I am scared to take the tags off of her. I really want to keep her but I am having a baby in less than 9 weeks and don't want to carry a a handbag and a diaper bag.

Should I

sell it?

return it? and put $ towards a COACH baby bag

Keep it even though I am not going to be able to use it much.

Hmmm...well I'd say as much as you may LOVE it, if you won't be able to use it much like you said, I'd rather put the money towards a snazzy baby bag instead :biggrin:

Last edited:
I think you should return the Sabrina and get yourself a nice Coach baby bag.. a Tote ... something along those lines... SOmething you are going to use and enjoy using and even after the Baby is older, if you have a nice Tote, you will find yourself using that for shopping, the beach, work.. etc....

What size Sabrina is it? I use my large Sabrina as a diaper bag a lot when I'm just running out. I don't carry food or drinks in it, but if you put them in ziplocs or something, I don't see why it wouldn't work for that too.

I do tend to agree with getting a fab baby bag instead. You will not use the Sabrina for almost a year because it is a pain to use the baby bag and a hand bag at the same time. A hippie will work if you want an extra bag just for yourself and good one is the Parker or a swingpack of some kind. You will need the hands free action..

I would exchange the Sabrina for a great baby bag. They still have the Heritage Stripe at some OUtlets and they are gorgeous. Or you can get a tote that works well as a baby bag.

If you really over her you can save her for when the baby is a little older and you need less stuff..

I would keep the purse and get a cheaper baby bag. I know Coach makes baby bags, but there are plenty of baby bags that offer more space and are much more functional than the ones that Coach makes. Plus they are cheaper! If I were a mom, I would not want to be putting formula and baby snacks into a Coach bag, even if it is a baby bag. You're gonna get spills and spit ups both inside and outside of the bag and it'll get dirty in general from normal use. Just because you're a mom doesn't mean you shouldn't have a fab purse.

I'm 32 weeks pregnant! CONGRATS!

I JUST bought not only the medium parchment sabrina but the small legacy drawstring (see siggy) and will continue to buy purses. I am planning on carrying my Skip Hop crossbody diaper bag and the purse of my choice...I had originally even purchased the Penelope Op Art Travel satchel as a diaper bag, but returned it because I love carrying purses and our Skip Hop Duo from our firstborn is simple and fab.

I could be biased, I honestly don't like any of the Coach diaper bags enough to not put those funds towards a purse that I love...and unless I'm spending a lengthy period of time at a location, my diaper bag hangs out in the car and I toss my small wipes case and diaper in whatever purse I'm carrying.

...jealous about the cobalt sabrina by the way, it's GORGEOUS! Just my humble opinion and your decision totally depends on your particular style. ;)

I think the colbalt is such a beauty!!! I have one and I have the large you can fit so much inside I'd keep her and use her as a diaper bag and maybe get a small little bag to put a bottle and formula in.

Wow...I have 2 kids, and I never would have DREAMED of not carrying a purse (and I wasn't really "into" purses when they were babies)...remember, even if it doesn't seem like it right away...you WILL still do things that are not 100% baby related, and I think it would be a major pain in the butt to only have just the baby bag. Plus, babies are messy...and so are bottles, etc. I would not want a Coach baby bag...I'd want something cute but practical (and more affordable).

That being said, the Sabrina is GORGEOUS (I just got one in patent)....but since you will be lugging a baby, probably in an infant carseat, as well as a baby bag, I would recommend getting a smaller cross-body bag just for your own stuff (phone, wallet, etc). That way it would at least be hands free! Are there any cross body bags in patent? Because I loooove the patent...so easy to care for!