Sabotaging myself sold a favorite and big time regret it!

I don't really regret selling any of the bags I've sold, but I do regret selling some of them for the prices I sold them at. I don't sell them to make much money and when I'm cleaning out the closet I want them to move out the door quickly, but sometimes I think I list them too low and when they sell right away I kick myself for not trying to get a little more. But then I feel greedy for feeling that way! Blah....

I hate feeling regret over anything so I understand where you're coming from. I am super-uber-paranoid-cautious when letting go of things so I won't regret doing it later. The down side to that is that my closet looks like an episode of Hoarders and nothing gets done! You can't win! FWIW, I probably would have made the same decision you did, to only keep one purple bag. I hope you're able to find another one at some point! :hugs:

P.S. OK, I actually did think of one I regret. Aqua Lexi. MFF bag but such a gorgeous, shimmery light aqua-green color. Matched my mermaid fob perfectly. It still had tags on and I felt like I had spent too much that month, so I returned her to the outlet. Those bags sold like hotcakes and the only ones I've seen on e8ay are so outrageously priced I can't consider them. Double-blah!

Apparently, this thread hit a sore chord!

I've been regretting that I gave away the Coach I purchased in the early 80's to wear with my military uniform. Coach was the only authorized handbag that wasn't issued (issue was ugly-ugly plastic). Got it from the PX.

I used it for years and finally the turnkey broke. At the time, I didn't realize I could send it in to be repaired so gave it to Goodwill. Been kicking myself for years. I bought my next Coach in 2007 and have been adding since then. I know I can replace the original Coach and may eventually do so, but it won't be the same.

It's good to know we are not alone.

I've never sold a bag, though I've given several away.
So I'm curious why anyone would sell a bag that they love (besides the obvious - need to raise money).

If you live in a small space, you can't keep it all! In the end, as much as we love our bags, they don't live forever! One's tastes do change from time to time and sometimes you are in a bag-buying frenzy and the only way you can acquire one is to give one up. There are some I will never part with; my older Coach bags which are superior in quality to most of the bags being made today. I used to sell bags on ebay to clear space for others and saw it as a way to recoup money from my purchases Sometimes I made money on them. Regretted having to sell my LV bags. I only give away cheaper bags, because most people really don't appreciate them and they're really not into Coach, etc.

I totally know the feeling. The worst part is that you still have pictures of the bag, and when you and your friends are looking at your pictures and some "that's a gorgeous bag!" comments are made.. it's like a stab in the heart!

newsophialover said:
I totally know the feeling. The worst part is that you still have pictures of the bag, and when you and your friends are looking at your pictures and some "that's a gorgeous bag!" comments are made.. it's like a stab in the heart!

Ahhhh soooo true

For me it was a matter of taking a practical approach, don't need 2 purple bags, love them both, picked the harder to find one to keep (or so I thought) sold the "extra."

This was in late winter/early spring when I had switched from dark bags to light colored ones, so now that it is fall again turns out the one I picked isn't working as I hoped now that I'm carrying it a lot and I wish I made the other choice (and now can't find another to buy back).

That's my story, I was trying to not have things around that wouldn't be carried.

I sold mine because I hadn't used it in about two years and I was cleaning out my closet during a move. I hadn't bought Coach in years and hasn't yet rediscovered it. It is only now looking back that I regret it.

If you live in a small space, you can't keep it all! In the end, as much as we love our bags, they don't live forever! One's tastes do change from time to time and sometimes you are in a bag-buying frenzy and the only way you can acquire one is to give one up. There are some I will never part with; my older Coach bags which are superior in quality to most of the bags being made today. I used to sell bags on ebay to clear space for others and saw it as a way to recoup money from my purchases Sometimes I made money on them. Regretted having to sell my LV bags. I only give away cheaper bags, because most people really don't appreciate them and they're really not into Coach, etc.

Thanks for answering my question. I was curious because I'm one that likes to keep everything, and when I return something or give it away, it's after a lot of thought. Also I'll probably change my mind a few times before I do anything at all, LOL.

Ooooh, I'm so glad I saw this thread! I was just going through my bags tonight contemplating whether I should give a couple away that I really don't carry anymore. I don't dislike them, it's just that I have others I like more. Now, after reading these posts, I think I might just wrap and box them up and stick them on a high shelf. If I never use them again, at least I can save them as collector's items. I would hate to have regrets about them later. Thanks for posing this question, OP. You may have saved me some heartache down the road! :smile: